Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Cobra Boats Moderator Backlash Ar's Avatar

I thought I would be on Easy Street by now but somehow I missed the off ramp!

Running shoes...either Adidas or New Balance. When it's really cold, then Gortex boots.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    Keen in the summer & Vasque Gortex the rest of the time unless it's really rough. Then I'll break out the Sorell boots. I don't cheap out on shoes.

4. Member
    New balance 608, colder weather, Rocky boots, both have Dr Sholls gel insoles,, I do keep a pair of crocs just in case I have to dip in
    2007 Z21 / 250 VMAX HPDI

5. Member
    Keen or Teva Sandals in the Summer. Any of the Brooks Ghost sneakers and if it looks like rain Keen Gore Tex hiking boats that also double as my cold weather shoes unless its super cold then I go to a LL Bean Storm Chaser zip up TEC 2.5 awesome sole. I agree its all about the sole and conforms. That new padded deck on my new 721 PROXP helps too!
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

6. Member
    Stephano Ricci classic crocodile

Quote Originally Posted by gbsmallie View Post
    Vans Spiccoli's
    Nooo Waaay Bro!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Asic Venture Gel. Muy Bueno
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Running or cross training shoes.. cold-gortex boots

10. Member
    warm weather- Keen Newports. I get my feet wet at times because I fish alone so running shoes not an option. Nor do my running shoes support me any better then the keens. My original pair from 3+ year ago were just replaced. they look great but I realized on a Nov trip the support is gone and man does my back let me know.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

11. Banned
    The only shoes I ever wear are Dockers boat shoes. They are half the price of competitive quality shoes like Sebagos online at Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    warm weather- Keen Newports. I get my feet wet at times because I fish alone so running shoes not an option. Nor do my running shoes support me any better then the keens. My original pair from 3+ year ago were just replaced. they look great but I realized on a Nov trip the support is gone and man does my back let me know.
    Maybe not for support, but my Asics 2000s provide much more cushioning than my Keen Newports. I was on a summer trip a couple years back- one day I wore the Keens and then next day the Asics. My feet and legs felt noticeably better after the day in the Asics. Not trying to be argumentative but I specifically experimented with these two pairs of shoes on back to back days. Since then, unless it is too cold, I wear the best running shoes I own when fishing.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

I usually wear Berluti Alesandro burnished leather oxfords. At over $2,000 per pair I try not to get them wet.

I really just wear flip flops or go barefoot in the summer. I will wear New Balance cross training shoes when it gets colder. When it gets too cold I stop fishing. I have nothing to prove to anyone. I need to re-think my summertime footwear since I do get worn out after a day on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by edwonbass View Post
    I usually wear Berluti Alesandro burnished leather oxfords. At over $2,000 per pair I try not to get them wet.

I really just wear flip flops or go barefoot in the summer. I will wear New Balance cross training shoes when it gets colder. When it gets too cold I stop fishing. I have nothing to prove to anyone. I need to re-think my summertime footwear since I do get worn out after a day on the water.
    Same here , if its cold enough I have to wear shoes then its just too darn cold to fish,, for me that's anything below 70 degrees

About the padded deck, --greatest thing on earth will not ever own another boat with out one, my back can really tell the difference after fishing all day
    Last edited by River-Bandit; 12-27-2017 at 10:24 AM.

15. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I wear Sperry Top Sider sandals or New Balance gym shoes, or I go barefoot. Just have to be sure not to step on the southco latches, they get pretty darn hot in the sun.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

16. Member
    Simms boat shoes.

17. Member
    Used to wear flip flops in warm weather but quit due to sun burn, switched to Zeko's cold months its a water proof boot with liner

18. BBC SPONSOR
    I wear the Sperry fishing shoes on the bass boat, and Soft Science when on salt water boats. Both good, vents for water, etc. Only reason I wear soft science on salt boats is lack of padding/carpet. Super comfy but laces never hold a knot.
    Bob's Machine - Action Series Jack Plates - DeckPlugs - DeckSavers - QuickSlip - The Big D Trolling motor handle - Much more!
    www.bobsmachine.com

19. Member
    I wear New Balance 990's with my orthotics insert.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

20. Member
    Summer no shoes, maybe reef flip fops, winter merrrell water proof tennis shoes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast