New to owning a camper

We had one given to us that was in decent shape other than the roof needed to be replaced so we just got it replaced and have it back now.

Questions:

1. The readout that shows the level of tanks doesnt respond. If you push it to see if battery is charged, reads that, but if you push on black, gray, or freshwater buttons...it doesnt give any report back.

3. When I click on the "water pressure" switch, should I hear the pump come on? I dont hear anything. Typically where are these located? I can test the wires with voltmeter if I kn ow where it is.

The camper is a 93 or 94 Wilderness 33ft.

Thanks

2. Banned
    The tank sensors are not very accurate I gave up on those years ago.You will know when it's time to dump.

If if you mean water pump yes you should hear it running when you flip switch on.On your camper I have no idea where it's located.

3. Banned
    I too gave up on the tank readouts being accurate. We never boondock and always have hookups. It is easy to figure out when the black water needs dumped anyway. I keep the gray water gates open all the time and no water in the tanks.

The 12 volt pump is usually just a few inches from the fresh water tank. On a travel trailer, it is often under a bed. They are easy to get to most generally. And they all make noise until the pressure is maximized, then they will cycle from time to time.

4. Banned
    Even on a new trailer, the tank sensors don't work right. My water pump in our current trailer is in a rear compartment. The previous trailer....it was under a bunk bed.

5. Member
    The pump in my camper is under the kitchen sink. I have a Keystone Summerland camper. Its pretty easy to access.
    "Montani semper liberi"

6. Member
    I found mine, its under the couch. I need to get a volt meter in there and see if its getting power when switched on.

The fresh tank is empty. Will it still cut on if there is no water in the lines or tank?

thanks

7. Banned
    Yes....If it's getting power the pump will run dry.

Not good to run a 12v water pump w/o water. burns the Impeller up, just like a boatIt gets hot fast and melt the impeller on its shaft and motor will spin, but impeller wont.. Fixed or replace a lot in old days.. Made some side $, Old folks at camp grounds, and don't want to pay dealer labor rates.. But I'm there trying to camp n fish on my own time, and ya know how evenings you get some company, so its heck pour them a and pass the marshmallow bag around the camp fire. Met a few nice Older Folks that way, but dang I'm in that club now hardy har har har
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Banned
    Mine ran for a while dry by accident a few years ago,it still runs fine am using it now with this cold blast of artic air in Louisiana.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joho5 View Post
    I found mine, its under the couch. I need to get a volt meter in there and see if its getting power when switched on.

The fresh tank is empty. Will it still cut on if there is no water in the lines or tank?

thanks
    I build rvs for a living and yes it should run without water in it. Don't run it long though cause it can damage it.. sounds like u have an open circuit somewhere.. assuming the pump isn't bad that is.. first check fuse box then behind your monitor should be easy to ck only 4 screws to remove monitor if u don't find anything there check the neutrals behind panel also
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

11. Member
    Also ck the grounds (neutrals) because your tank read outs aren't working sounds like an open ground because of the tanks not reading
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD