Helix 10 Console Mount on RT188

Any suggestions on how to console mount a Helix 10 on a RT188. Looked at Precision Sonar and BBT and would appreciate any input on these 2 and any other setups that would work well. Although not opposed to either mounting system, both seem to be somewhat pricey and would even consider a side mount with a Balzout mount to save a few $$s. Replacing a Lowrance Hook 5 with the Helix. Thanks for any input y'all.....

2. Member

3. Member
    One of the guys I know ran a Dek-it dash mount on his 198p last year and loved it. I’m pretty sure that’s what I’ll be using on my new rig as well based on cost.

http://prociseoutdoors.com/dek-it-dash-mount/

I have a dual unit mount from BBT on the dash of my RT188 with two Helix 10's on them and love it. I'm sure their mount for the single Helix 10 is rock solid also. Unit rest up against a couple rubber piecs on the back for anti vibration also. Has to help when pulling down the interstate or in rough water.
    2015 RT188 Mercury 4 Stroke Laser II 21P
    Helix 12/360 Imaging/Dual Helix 10's/Ultrex

5. Member
    I am installing a helix 10 on my RT178 console soon. I just measured and ordered a custom cut aluminum plate.

It was $21 delivered. Will see how this goes.

6. Member
    I am looking for a plate like that for my rt178. Cold you tell me where to get it.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lape0019 View Post
    One of the guys I know ran a Dek-it dash mount on his 198p last year and loved it. I’m pretty sure that’s what I’ll be using on my new rig as well based on cost.

http://prociseoutdoors.com/dek-it-dash-mount/
    I also use a DekIt mount on my Triton 18TX. I have a Lowrance HDS9 on it and have been very happy with it. I also have a friend using one with one of the large Humminbird units and his is solid.
    I paid less than $80.00 dollars for mine.

8. Member
    @fishon. I ordered from online metals.com. Just got it in the mail. Next step is to get a metal drilling bit, drilling my holes, then painting it probably black or a very dark grey.

Will attach the dek-it to the plate and finally screw the plate down on my console. Under the thin plastic on the console, is a thicker stronger fiberglass (I think) frame. I hope to be able to drill into that to get extra support underneath.

So... the helix 10 si mega (it seems heavy by the way) will sit on the deck-it mount. The mount sits on a custom cut plate which will be reinforced to the under frame of the console. I hope this system will be able to dissipate the bumps when being trailered.

Open to feedback. I am hoping I do not need any additional bracing underneath but happy to do it if needed. Thoughts anyone?

9. Member
    Boilermaker, It sounds like we have similar ideas in mind and thanks for the help. I am also looking at a helix 9 or 10 to fit as close to the console as I can get. You are a few steps ahead of me on the console mount so I can't offer much advice there. Since we are talking about Aluminum and transducers I did make a nice aluminum plate 1/4" bracket to mount my transducer to so no holes were needed to be drilled. I will try to post a couple of pictures. Just used 2 holes that were already there and some good rubber washers for the bolts and some rubber material behind the plate to protect the paint and no leaks
    Attached Images Attached Images