old is still the best

Friday night had navy beans with a big old smoked ham hock, Tons of fried red potatoes with onions, Cornbread loaded with butter. I know this isn't the healthiest meal cause my grandparents only lived till they were 97-98. Besides I would die with a smile on my face thinking of every great meal I have been fortunate enough to enjoy. Merry Christmas to all my fellow BBC'ers

That's my kind of cooking! Merry Christmas!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Sounds good

4. Member
    Add a glass of cold milk YES SIR
    Quote Originally Posted by stratosjoe View Post
    Friday night had navy beans with a big old smoked ham hock, Tons of fried red potatoes with onions, Cornbread loaded with butter. I know this isn't the healthiest meal cause my grandparents only lived till they were 97-98. Besides I would die with a smile on my face thinking of every great meal I have been fortunate enough to enjoy. Merry Christmas to all my fellow BBC'ers

5. Member
    Merry Christmas to you too! I'm hungry!

6. Member
    Love me some good beans and cornbread! Currently have a few pounds of Lima's soaking. Sister always makes a marvelous ham for Christmas. She saves the bone for me as she knows I would just as gladly have it for leftovers as anything else. With the meat off the bone, and a pound or so of cut ham, I should have several meals of butter beans to enjoy in the the months to come.