Installing Depth Finders

I bought a new to me 1987 Champion boat, and I want to update the electronics on it. I have a Humminbird Helix 5 SI/GPS and a Humminbird Sonar/GPS that I use in my kayaks. I have been contemplating using these and setting the Sonar/GPS up with a in hull transducer and running in SI transducer off the transom. I also have been toying around with the idea to buy a Hook 7 or Helix 7 with SI, but would running to smaller finders together give me more benefits than one larger. All I would have to do is to but 2 extra transducer & 2 extra power cable for my Humminbirds. I know the larger screen are easy to see. Any thoughts or opinions?

2. Banned
    I bought a helix 7 and a helix 5 (both are chirp, gps, DI models) and i honestly took the helix 5 back and got another helix 7. I love the helix 7. Helix 9 was a close purchase but it was to big.

Go to cabelas or bass pro and play with the helix 7. You wont be disappointed. Also, if you go with 2 humminbirds, purch a ethernet cable and buy navionics plus. If you buy a ethernet cable, u only need one chip since with the cable, you connect the 2 and can share waypoints on the 2.

Plus u get $50 off navionics if you purchase the helix 5 or 7, and the navionics within 30 days of each other.

3. Banned
    I bought a helix 7 and a helix 5 (both are chirp, gps, DI models) and i honestly took the helix 5 back and got another helix 7. I love the helix 7. Helix 9 was a close purchase but it was too big.

Go to cabelas or bass pro and play with the helix 7. You wont be disappointed. Also, if you go with 2 humminbirds, purchase a ethernet cable and buy navionics plus. If you buy a ethernet cable, u only need one chip since with the cable, you connect the two and can share waypoints on them

Plus u get $50 off navionics if you purchase the helix 5 or 7, and the navionics within 30 days of each other.

4. Member
    What did you do?
    I bought two Garmin echomap 73 sv plus units, extra mounts and power cords. Can put the two units side by side on the console or bow. The two 7" screens give more area, than one 9 or 10.
    I like it!