Graph on the Bow...HHmmmmm

I've been wanting to put my H'Bird 1197 on the bow but could not find a mounting arrangement that I liked. I looked at Balzout mount as well as the RAM 4" ball mount. I wanted a mount that held the 1197 firm but still allow me to fold it down flat against he floor when not in use. I studied it and came up with idea. I had the 6" RAM swing arm mount. Why not attach it to troller. When troller is deployed screen is up, when troller is folded up screen is flat down out of way.. The RAM base has a beveled recess for tube/pipe mounting with straps or U-Bolts... remains to be seen in use how it is but so far I likes it.....If it does not hang into the boat far enough I might add another 6" arm to make it a scissor mount ..
    2006 Gambler 2200DC/250XS
    Rick Hallenbeck

2. Member
    Now that's different. Any interference issues?

3. Banned
    wow I like it...

4. Member
    Waitin on my Transducer mount to come in so I do not know of any issues yet...
    Rick Hallenbeck

5. Member
    Love the idea and better than my deck mount BUT the wiring might be a huge issue send some pictures how that turns out.

6. Member
    I don't know if I am going to run the power and GPS wires zig zagged with the Troller mount or run them with the Troller control power/steering bundle yet.. I am going to look at the wiring today and see what the best method is..
    Rick Hallenbeck

7. Member
    I messed up and bought a 12" ram mount so I went ahead and used it. I have begun to like it my ageing eyes appreciate it being closer and when I move I just put it he unit facedown on the floor.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

8. Finally over 80
    Nice I like it!