dartag1829

Lakes around The Villages

Spending January in The Villages. I will have my Kayak with me. Any good Bass lakes close by worth hitting. I looked up Weir and Miona that look good. Prefer small lakes I can Kayak. Any others to recommend.

Years ago I fished a small lake called Okahumpka. Was pretty plugged up with weeds back then and heard they were going to clean it up for a State park they were putting in. Don't know about the current status but it could be worth a drive by.

3. Banned
    Yale,lots of small lakes in the Ocala forest.

4. Member
    Lake Deaton is close by as well. Or try Lake Griffin State Park.

Harris chain and Panasoffkee
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Weir-(Hard to fish), Panasoffskee-Weeds are all gone sprayed a lot. Moss Bluff, Dorr, Withlacoochee-Rainbow out of Dunnellon, Griffin, Deaton, plus more

7. Member
    Just North of 50 on 19, there is a boat ramp on left. Head north on the canal will put you in a small lake, another north of it. Or you can stay in canals. Smaller water I would think good for a kayak.
    Emerald Marsh on the northeast side of Lake Griffin as well. Or make the drive down to Tenoroc Fish Management Area. Good luck, and be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    Just North of 50 on 19, there is a boat ramp on left. Head north on the canal will put you in a small lake, another north of it. Or you can stay in canals. Smaller water I would think good for a kayak.
    Emerald Marsh on the northeast side of Lake Griffin as well. Or make the drive down to Tenoroc Fish Management Area. Good luck, and be safe!
    Do you mean Lake Bryant??

9. dartag1829
    Anyone ever fish Lake Miona it is about 3 miles from where we will be staying. Watched a couple videos from there and Lake Weir.

10. Member
    There’s is a small lake. I think it’s called lake Miona it’s on the villages. Over by 301. Great little lake to fish. And there’s some big fish in he to

Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Anyone ever fish Lake Miona it is about 3 miles from where we will be staying. Watched a couple videos from there and Lake Weir.
    Nice Ramp and a lot of pressure during the winter.

My Mother-in-Law used to live at Spruce Creek Golf and Country Club right up the road from The Villages. I used to drive over to Dunnellon and fish the Withlacoochee River. Caught some real nice Bass there... Only about 35 minutes from her house. It's also very pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by brolland View Post
    My Mother-in-Law used to live at Spruce Creek Golf and Country Club right up the road from The Villages. I used to drive over to Dunnellon and fish the Withlacoochee River. Caught some real nice Bass there... Only about 35 minutes from her house. It's also very pretty!
    I agree.