Kissimee or Okeechobee?

Merry Christmas all,

I may be able to get away from the cold north and spend three weeks in Florida bass fishing in Feb or early March. Never been there before I was wondering what your choice would be for a newbie who just wants to have fun and relax! I would ude this trip to explore, fish, and get to know the water.

Thanks, BAM

2. Member
    If staying the whole 3 weeks I would fish both of them. Fishing is going to be great as long as you don't hit it on a cold front. Check the tournament schedules you don't want to be there when flw or bass is there. As you get closer to an exact date let me know as I can tell you which lake is best at the time as I fish them both weekly.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cg2fish View Post
    If staying the whole 3 weeks I would fish both of them. Fishing is going to be great as long as you don't hit it on a cold front. Check the tournament schedules you don't want to be there when flw or bass is there. As you get closer to an exact date let me know as I can tell you which lake is best at the time as I fish them both weekly.
    Thank you cg2fish!

4. Banned
    Stick Marsh off I-95. Its about two hrs north of O and an hr or so southeast of the south end of Kiss.

one reason I say stick marsh is because they are spraying the shit out of the other lakes....thank FWC for that, the other is #'s at the marsh.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 12-25-2017 at 08:31 AM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Stick Marsh off I-95. Its about two hrs north of O and an hr or so southeast of the south end of Kiss.

one reason I say stick marsh is because they are spraying the shit out of the other lakes....thank FWC for that, the other is #'s at the marsh.
    Dang, that's depressing to hear, who sprays good bass habitat?!?!?!?!?!?! And I thought Maryland had a stupid state govt...

BAM

6. Member
    If you are alone or with a buddy, do both ... Camp Mack/Kissimmee and Roland’s/Okeechobee.
    If you are with the misses, do the Harris Chain and Toho. Both have WAY more restaurants/shops/etc.
    And Toho offers the opportunity to mix in a bit of Orlando/Disney/Seaworld as well.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BAM View Post
    Dang, that's depressing to hear, who sprays good bass habitat?!?!?!?!?!?! And I thought Maryland had a stupid state govt...
    BAM
    We don’t spray because it’s smart, dumb, good or bad. We spray because it pays very well.
    Spray businesses thrive and politicians reap the benefits at the same time. See how it works.

8. Member
    Thanks TampaJim!

9. Member
    Both are on fire right now! Don't feel bad, they're spraying the crap out of Istokpoga too!