Need a rifle scope

Need to order my dad a rifle scope to go on his .308. Wanting something that cost around $100-$130. Here where we hunt we hardly ever have any shots over 150yrds. Any ideas on a decent wuality scope for that price?

2. Member
    I have been buying vortex lately and love them but for that price range I'd go with Nikon prostaff 3-9x40 its a great scope very clear too. Have two of them and haven't found a reason to switch them out. Love it on my muzzle loader.
    Nikon ProStaff 3-9 x 40 Black Matte Riflescope (BDC) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MY5L9U..._YQLpAbS8M4ZMM

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfishrman View Post
    I have been buying vortex lately and love them but for that price range I'd go with Nikon prostaff 3-9x40 its a great scope very clear too. Have two of them and haven't found a reason to switch them out. Love it on my muzzle loader.
    Nikon ProStaff 3-9 x 40 Black Matte Riflescope (BDC) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MY5L9U..._YQLpAbS8M4ZMM
    The same scope I was going to recommend. On sale now at Cabela's for $129.99.

4. Member
    I would use a low power variable scope for woods or close range hunting. The Bushnell Banner 1 - 4x 32 power would be a fair quality scope for about $80. A better quality scope would be the Nikon Monarch 3, 1-4 x 20 at about $230. The low power setting allows a wide field of view to pick up a moving deer at close range. The Nikon has a field of view of 93 ft. at 100 yds.
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200

5. Member
    For $109.00 the Sightron S2 3 X 9 X40MM is a good deal on a nice scope.

https://www.sierratradingpost.com/pr...mCode=298AU-99

check out local Pawn shops, most sell new and used. O bought a new one for my New 30 cal Winchester. But have got higher $ scopes for what I paid for the new one gotten. But most shots where I'm at are under it thru open site. Due to mountain area and lot of trees, no open fields in da hills lolo

7. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Nikon, bushnell or Vortex in that range. Vortex may be harder to find for the money.

8. Member
    Bought 3 Nikon Pro staff 3x9x40 at Dick's Sporting Goods for $100 a piece on sale before Christmas. Expect them to be fine. Never had a problem with Nikon scopes.

9. Member
    Can't go wrong with Nikon, I have been using them for years with zero issues. I do have some vortex red dot scopes and they have been great on my AR type weapons, Vortex has a great warranty!