Thread: Weedguards

Weedguards

What does everyone recommend for 1/8 weedguards? I have some that I bought that are fused about 1/16 inch up the base that are great. These do not have strings coming off them and do not spread like a peacock when inserted into a jighead. Now my problem is I don't remember who I bought them from and don't want to place 4 $12 orders from the 4 different places I buy from to figure it out.

Allen

2. Member
    I use 90# sevelon or surflon coated cable for my 1/8 oz.

3. Member
    Allen, you probably got them from BOSS outdoors aka fishingskirts. They are the only ones I know of that have the 1/8" diameter weed guards with that nicely fused top with none of the stringy crap...LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smalljaw67 View Post
    Allen, you probably got them from BOSS outdoors aka fishingskirts. They are the only ones I know of that have the 1/8" diameter weed guards with that nicely fused top with none of the stringy crap...LOL!!
    +1

PROUD BBC SPONSOR

5. Member
    That is probably where I bought them from? I will check tomorrow and see.

Allen

6. Member
    Yes, fishing skirts.com is the only provider that is fused up the guard a little bit. The other provider is Kayser Lure Co and they have the stringy stuff at the end. I believe there are only two weed guard makers on the market but I could be wrong.

7. Member
    Fishingskirts.com is what I was looking for and I just ordered several hundred.

Allen

8. Member
    That is what I use to use but they ran out so often I had to quit using them. They are good when you can get them. The only other issue that I ran into with them was they were bent sometimes and would not be straight in the jig. Issues that I had.