Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Everything took a tumble today if you're looking at coinmarketcap. But only because they removed the South Korean market which had inflated pricing and had everything skewed. I wondered why prices on binance didn't match, now l know.

Quote Originally Posted by warcry View Post
    Everything took a tumble today if you're looking at coinmarketcap. But only because they removed the South Korean market which had inflated pricing and had everything skewed. I wondered why prices on binance didn't match, now l know.

Yeah, I actually asked why the Ripple price on coinmarketcap didn't match up with other sources. Now I know. Seems like a lot of people panicked and sold off. Now it's just a waiting game to see it come back up.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    It was fun, but I sold out. Sold my last Ether today, which was the last of my holdings. I wanted to hold for a long term, but my reasons for being bullish became void. It's always the easiest to exit when things are running good. And I wanted to withdraw my funds while things where working properly.
    Thanos was the hero

i got lucky on the ltc- i bought a bunch at 57 and sold out at its highest peak and aint gettin no more. btc and eth are long haul coins- the rest are pump and dumps. i made a bunch on doge coin and tron. fixing to make a bunch on verge. if you plan on hodling anything make it eth and btc and youll be safe.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Unless it fits in a wallet ...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    i got lucky on the ltc- i bought a bunch at 57 and sold out at its highest peak and aint gettin no more. btc and eth are long haul coins- the rest are pump and dumps. i made a bunch on doge coin and tron. fixing to make a bunch on verge. if you plan on hodling anything make it eth and btc and youll be safe.
    -
    im totally with yah boneil; fun to play with the little stuff; but certainly understand selling it all off. ........I think you also mentioned it previously; trying to read the white papers on some of these coins leaves me scratching my head. Not so much cause I may not understand the technical aspect of some; but because a lot of them sound like hype and big ‘ifs’............I understand these white papers might be written by tech guys and possibly by tech guys who may not speak fluent English.........sadly; even if they were legit, I can’t help but think of the Nigerian Prince who keeps emailing me to give me his fortune.
    -
    As alli pointed above; ETH and BTC definitely seem to be the longterm players on the scene.
    Last edited by motomania; 01-09-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Theres a reason you pretty much have to use btc or eth to buy anything. It has actual value. Some of those chitcoins as theyre called dont even have a real code behind them. A coin has to solve a problem to be relevant not just be another copy. Like most coins that have a code behind them are forks of other coins that were forks of other coins- but dont improve upon the coin they forked off. These coins are great trading material- just go back and see how much i made off the 84,000 dogecoins i sold yesterday but bought in november. You just gotta know theyre not the solution for long term holding just make cash off the pump and dumps. And if theres a pretty much unlimited supply of a coin its not gonna make it either- it has to have a limited supply. Like having a bassboat for sale thats the same color as 36 more in your town and they made 126 per month for 15yrs in that color- youre not going to draw a premium.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Great trading material? YES! I'm just having my doubts on the long term value of the coins, not the tech.

Is there really a limited supply when new ones are being created every week and the originals are being forked?

And probably the biggest reason for getting out is that the Wife and myself started looking at land and while the original investment was insignificant, it turned into something that could be more useful towards a down payment. And I don't want that money locked up or lost due to a brokerage problem at just the wrong time when I need it. It's easy to withdraw funds when the markets are stable, but will it be easy during instability?
    Thanos was the hero

you cant worry about the forks- they are scams in a sense. everything is a fork. when your coin forks, go grab the forked coins and sell em and dont let em concern you. and yes there is only a limited number of btc that will ever be mined. once that number is reached there will be no more i assure you. crypto investing isnt for the faint of heart or somebody that is impatient. just say i had 15btc when it forked to bitcoin cash- once it forks i go collect my bitcoin cash, and sell em. my original btc is never touched. then those 15btc forks into bitcoin gold- i go collect them and sell em off and that has nothing to do with my btc. you cant be concerned with forks or mining- it just doesnt affect you at all. but i understand about wanting to free up your money for other things thats just a way of life. everybody just has to remember one thing about crypto and itll all be ok- if theres a limited supply built in from the start its got a chance. if that coin is used by people and governments around the world and is a household name its got a chance. if theres a demand for it and billions of dollars get funneled thru it every day for years and years its got a chance. if on day one every coin is available (even if some are held back) its not gonna make it. ripples ceo just became the richest man in the world a few weeks ago if I heard right. all his coins were available on day one even though he held back over half of them. if it dont meet that criteria then its a day trading type investment not a long term hold.

10. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    You're proving my point with limited supply. Holders of bitcoin are selling the forked coins.

When a coin forks, it creates more supply. There may still be the same amount of bitcoin but now theres bitcoin cash, bitcoin gold and any other. It created more supply for buyers. A buyer had one choice with bitcoin. Now they have multiple choices. buyers don't have unlimited money. A buyer comes in with limited amount of dollars and can either buy just one coin or divide his money up and buys multiple coins. With more options to choose, theres less demand for any one coin.

The creators, created a fundamental flaw with forking. When a coin forks, theres no adjustment to price. You're getting something for nothing. And when you get something for nothing theres no reason to hold.

And not only does a buyer have to choose between bitcoin and it's forked coins, they can now buy LTC or ETH or XRP or any of the other hundreds of coins out there. There is more supply for a buyer. And there is more coins, supply coming online every other day.
    Thanos was the hero

And youre proving my point- a forked off coin is useless. It isnt associated with the parent coin at all so it doesnt affect the value nor the supply in circulation. Bitcoin cash is not bitcoin. Itll never be accepted as a bitcoin nor was it counted in the bitcoin supply. Just say there was a thousand bitcoins and people forked off of there 18 times and each fork had 1 million coins each. Theres still 1000 bitcoin. The forks are nothing but a copy of the technology not like a stock split where they add to the original supply

12. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I went to a website that listed all the new crypto currencies that are coming out...........I stopped scrolling down the list when I couldn't find the bottom. But keep thinking there is a limited supply. There may be one crypto called bitcoin, there will only ever be 21 million bitcoins, but there will be trillions of others competing for every dollar.
    Thanos was the hero

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I went to a website that listed all the new crypto currencies that are coming out...........I stopped scrolling down the list when I couldn't find the bottom. But keep thinking there is a limited supply. There may be one crypto called bitcoin, there will only ever be 21 million bitcoins, but there will be trillions of others competing for every dollar.
    That list is HUGE. I haven't made it all the way down either. Have found a few that look pretty good but most just don't seem to have any relevance to actually promoting the technology or moving it forward. I'm going back and forth on doing the ico or just waiting until it comes out for a little bit. May miss a few dollars but some of these coins are saying their value is 2 or 3 bucks which just seems crazy to me. I would think they would drop to the normal .05 before they climb

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123