Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dual mount sonar on 2008 ZX190 console

Does anyone have pics of how they mounted 2 sonar units on their console? I am not referring to using the small 5" square on the bottom of the right side of the console either. I am running 2 Humminbird 999's and wanted to see if anyone has ran stacked or side-by-side units across the console. The way the dash is setup for this generation Skeeter puts the gauges at the top of the console, so running units on the console would take a custom setup.

2. Member
    Suggest you look at Precisionsonar.com and view their photos to see if they show anything. If not, call the owner, Randy Kuhens. He is very helpful and knowledgeable and might be able to assist.

3. Member
    I looked over their pics and I like their products, but they have nothing on their website that pertains to my year Skeeter unfortunately. I emailed them to see what options may exist that aren't listed on their site.

4. Member
    I received a response within 2 minutes of submitting my email. They do not make anything for my boat unfortunately

5. Member
    You might also check bassboattech.com.

6. Member
    im also looking for the same thing. let me know what you find out Red1gturbodsm.
    08 Skeeter ZX190 - Yamaha 175hp vmax hpdi

Quote Originally Posted by Red1gturbodsm View Post
    Does anyone have pics of how they mounted 2 sonar units on their console? I am not referring to using the small 5" square on the bottom of the right side of the console either. I am running 2 Humminbird 999's and wanted to see if anyone has ran stacked or side-by-side units across the console. The way the dash is setup for this generation Skeeter puts the gauges at the top of the console, so running units on the console would take a custom setup.
    here you go dual 9’s on a Precision Mount. ZX200 2013.

Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit53 View Post
    You might also check bassboattech.com.
    I contacted them and they do not make anything for the 2008. Everything I find is 2012+

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drjochum73 View Post
    here you go dual 9’s on a Precision Mount. ZX200 2013.
    That boat has a completely different console than the 2008 I am looking for, but that is the type of mount I want for my boat if I can find one

10. Member
    Can't find anything for my ZX190 2010 console. I see these posts and it looks like there are plenty of folks interested but no one builds one. Looks like Balzout with 12" arm in my future.

11. Member
    The only double mounts I've seen on anything older than a 2012 have been fully custom. Its a pain in the rear end I guess too, because not only do you have to have someone machine a whole new dash plate (for all your gauges to go into, and for the double mount to mount to) but then you also have to somehow anchor that new dash plate to the console because they are not made to support the weight of the dual graphs/mount the way the redesigned consoles are. I've only seen one in person and it was pretty impressive! Good luck!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbender View Post
    Can't find anything for my ZX190 2010 console. I see these posts and it looks like there are plenty of folks interested but no one builds one. Looks like Balzout with 12" arm in my future.
    I just ordered a Kong mount for now and going to run a double stack to the right of the console while I fab a dash insert

13. Member
    I just ordered a Kong mount for now and going to run a double stack to the right of the console while I fab a dash insert
    Pictures, please.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbender View Post
    Pictures, please.
    It should arrive this week. Will post after full install

15. Member
    Here is what the final install pics look like using the Kong mount and custom bracket for making a dual stack

My boat is a little older and the graphs are different, but I wanted a similar set up instead of using the Y-cable and two transducers. I found a company called Tallon Systems and they make some interesting products - one of which is a flush mount for the smaller 1" & 1.5" RAM mounts. I was able to find a location on my dash to mount this where it's very sturdy, then used the smaller 1.5" RAM mount and put a Helix 7 on it. Then off to the side I have my Helix 10 on a big Ram mount which gives me two graphs at the console. The two transducers are mounted on the transom using Transom Savers, with the 2D Helix 7 transducer mounted a little lower so I can get depth at speed.

I've been running this setup for about 8 months now and really like it - I primarily use the Helix 7 for 2D sonar and the Helix 10 for GPS, Down & Side Imaging. The Helix 7 is a G2 CHIRP unit and the 2D images are great, while the map, DI & SI are awesome on the Helix 10. I also have an 1159 DI on the bow that is networked to the Helix 10, so I can share waypoints and also view SI images at the bow from the transom transducer. I'll post a few pics, but sorry for the quality - they were taken with my old cell phone and it had a pretty crappy camera.

Before:

After:

Transducer mounting:
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

Here is a link to the Tallon flush mount I used:

https://smile.amazon.com/1-5-Inch-Ad...6997482&sr=8-6
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

18. Member
    It should arrive this week. Will post after full install
    I realize this was 2 years ago, but can you tell me what size units these are and elaborate on parts/mounts used for double stack. That's exactly what I want to do with 2 HDS 12's

19. Member
    C5647F73-F3CF-438F-B4B9-06EB9F729455.jpeg
    Here are my dual helix 7 on my 1996 zx200c. No one made anything for my boat. I used a dek it dash mount.

20. Member
    i wish someone made something for the 2008 zx200 model. I still can't seem to find any sort of dash kit for this model.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast