Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What’s the dumbest thing you everdid is your Bullet on the water!

What’s the dumbest thing you everdid in your Bullet on the water!

Me I was loading my boat up one day . There was about 10 people on dock fishing. Everyone was telling me how nice my boat was bla bla bla. I could hear people whispering that’s a fast MF boat right there.

well with everything going on I forgot to raise my trolling motor up. I presided to load boat on trailer and whaaaam!!! Broke my trolling motor in two, couldn’t get it to raise back up it was so bent. You talk about being emberresed!!!! I could tell everyone on the dock was like this guy is an idiot!!!

2. Member
    Good one Bradley

3. Member
    Oh man!!!! That is a tough one right there!! You may be the winner right out of the chute
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

While fishin I threw a rod on the deck due to a missed fish instead of just putting it down, half way leapped out for the rod and wound up with one foot missing the deck and stepping in the floor so I went down hard and hit my head at the temple on the gunnel. When I came to I was basically drowning. Finially got hold of the throttle lever and my buddy helped me get in as I was puking up all the water I had swallowed...lesson learned for me, when I get in the boat the Onyx inflatable goes on. If I would have been by myself I may not have made it.? Can’t do much knocked out. I had a severe headache and ear ringing for a couple days.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    Only thing I can think of is I had a new rod I wanted my partner to try. We were pre fishing for a tournament in 2 different boats. When we met up instead of waiting tell his boat got right beside mine for some reason I decided to throw the rod into his boat. His got a ranger fisherman so the sides are high. The rod fell half in and half out of the boat and snapped in 2.

I was was pretty disappointed in myself. Could of waited like 10 more seconds and just passed him the rod in his hands

6. Member
    Well when my boat had power poles I was drifting up to a line of bushes it was pretty windy that day so I couldn't hear what my buddy was doing behind me so I get close to the bushes and drop the power poles when I hear him start yelling. I turn around and he's holding on to my motor for dear life with his pants undone he was peeing and was bracing him self with the power pole. He thought I was doing it it be funny I said what the hell its windy and the waves are pretty good why the hell would you pee into the wind lol
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    While fishin I threw a rod on the deck due to a missed fish instead of just putting it down, half way leapped out for the rod and wound up with one foot missing the deck and stepping in the floor so I went down hard and hit my head at the temple on the gunnel. When I came to I was basically drowning. Finially got hold of the throttle lever and my buddy helped me get in as I was puking up all the water I had swallowed...lesson learned for me, when I get in the boat the Onyx inflatable goes on. If I would have been by myself I may not have made it.? Can’t do much knocked out. I had a severe headache and ear ringing for a couple days.
    Holy cow good one though!! Your right I need to start wearing inflatable while fishing, you never know what could happen. My biggest fear is falling out of boat and hitting my head on a log or stump. I fish shallow.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle08 View Post
    Well when my boat had power poles I was drifting up to a line of bushes it was pretty windy that day so I couldn't hear what my buddy was doing behind me so I get close to the bushes and drop the power poles when I hear him start yelling. I turn around and he's holding on to my motor for dear life with his pants undone he was peeing and was bracing him self with the power pole. He thought I was doing it it be funny I said what the hell its windy and the waves are pretty good why the hell would you pee into the wind lol
    Lol lol lol!!!!

9. Member
    I run really tight timber at 70mph. I'm sure lots of people think its dumb, just normal to me.

10. Member
    Dumbest thing I ever did in the Bullet was allow my girlfriend to fish with me in it...complaining, whining and moaning the whole time. I'll admit that the moaning part was kinda cool but the rest of it wouldn't stop even after we got back to the dock. Just like a machine it kept on and on. Make a long story short she's got a new title now...Ex-girlfriend... No females allowed while fishing...not even the ones with the short haircuts and voices deeper than mine. The only thing that smells like fish in the Bullet better be the fish...
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 20cc View Post
    Dumbest thing I ever did in the Bullet was allow my girlfriend to fish with me in it...complaining, whining and moaning the whole time. I'll admit that the moaning part was kinda cool but the rest of it wouldn't stop even after we got back to the dock. Just like a machine it kept on and on. Make a long story short she's got a new title now...Ex-girlfriend... No females allowed while fishing...not even the ones with the short haircuts and voices deeper than mine. The only thing that smells like fish in the Bullet better be the fish...
    LAWD that's funny!!!!

12. Member
    I crossed a cabin cruisers wake one afternoon going a tad too fast. (Was still learning how to drive it) Speared a wave and impaled myself with water and caught my rods with my face I had strapped to the driver's side front deck. Busted my bottom lip and could not stop bleeding from my mouth. Loaded the boat hiding my face cuz I was embarrassed of what I did. Drove 2.5hrs home and my wife makes me go to the er. Find out I have a hole inside my mouth where my top lip meets my gum. Got 6 stiches on my bottom lip and 3 inside my mouth where my top lip meets my gum. Lesson learned
    Bullet 20 XRD / 225 Merc Sport XS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TivisMinton View Post
    I crossed a cabin cruisers wake one afternoon going a tad too fast. (Was still learning how to drive it) Speared a wave and impaled myself with water and caught my rods with my face I had strapped to the driver's side front deck. Busted my bottom lip and could not stop bleeding from my mouth. Loaded the boat hiding my face cuz I was embarrassed of what I did. Drove 2.5hrs home and my wife makes me go to the er. Find out I have a hole inside my mouth where my top lip meets my gum. Got 6 stiches on my bottom lip and 3 inside my mouth where my top lip meets my gum. Lesson learned

Ah man I bet that was a long day!

Leaving the boat at full speed--then selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    Leaving the boat at full speed--then selling it.
    You own 2 beautiful basscats with big HP..... Do you really miss your Bullet?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    You own 2 beautiful basscats with big HP..... Do you really miss your Bullet?
    LOL Bullet makes a very nice fast boat!! Every so often I think about a Bullet!!

17. Member
    Once you go Bullet, you never go back!!!

18. Member
    I went from a Stratos to a Bullet and didn't know anything about "chime". On my first run ever in a fast boat, I just took off. As I hit 75 or so, it began to chime violently on me, as another boat was coming my way. Well, it toss me up into the air and I was hanging on to the steering and my feet were above my head by this time. I couldn't hang on anymore and I got wet! This happen in a second. The 2 men in that boat, slowed down to make sure I was okay and held my boat, so I could get back in. Once they seen that I was okay said, "you look like you were riding a Bull" I said I was, a "BULL"-et. They laughed n I cried. LOL

19. Member
    Fishing by myself and being in a hurry due to a pending thunderstorm. The ramp was pretty crowded I backed the trailer in a little to deep. When I drove the boat up on the trailer faster than normal and proceed to stuff the nose under the roller cutting the rub rail pretty badly. Every body saw it. The boat was pretty new back then. I felt pretty stupid.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TivisMinton View Post
    I did that in my 1st Bullet, but I didn't spear the waves, I went airborne and almost ended up with the bout on top of me, lucky the motor hit one of the waves and laid the boat back down, BIG lesson learned

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast