Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Top 5 Altcoins you gonna hodl?

Not a typo in the title.......google it, interesting read.
    -
    This topic is not a real original thread, saw it elsewhere; but it’s an interesting read. And when I say altcoin, let’s go with anything NOT on Coinbase........those are kinda givens.
    -
    Im no expert; just doing lots of research and trying to find coins that could change the ‘space’. Lotsa questionable vs. credible reads out there on all the coins too.
    -
    Im hanging onto:
    -
    -Ripple (XRP)
    -Tron (TRX)
    -Cardano (ADA)
    -Dash (DASH)
    -Monero (XMR)

2. Member
    so far
    ripple
    looking hard at verge and tron

ADA, NEO, OMG to add to the list and not already mentioned. My 22 y/o nephew advises me between Vegas and NYC trips paid for in BTC. Kid's killin' it so far.

https://coinmarketcap.com/gainers-losers/
    Last edited by KellyJoe; 12-21-2017 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Link added........

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I might be looking at setting up a different brokerage because Gdax/coinbase is really pissing me off. But no matter which coin I buy, I won't hold for very long.
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I might be looking at setting up a different brokerage because Gdax/coinbase is really pissing me off. But no matter which coin I buy, I won't hold for very long.
    FWIW Poloniex works well. I do still use Coinbase to buy and send in and / or cash out. Wanted to use Bittrex but their new accounts are suspended for now. Oh and BTW Poloniex doesn't have an app.... They even have a warning message on the exchange stating this.

Coinigy is good too but w/ a fee after 30 days. It's a reasonable fee for what all they do pulling in all exchanges under one umbrella.
    Last edited by KellyJoe; 12-21-2017 at 06:09 PM.

6. Member

7. Member
    and before anyone gets upset 58 billion industry. ill let you decide after you read the white page

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kpbass View Post
    and before anyone gets upset 58 billion industry. ill let you decide after you read the white page
    -
    thats brilliant!.........not upset at all...........I was looking at some of the marijuana related coins and initially chuckled cause it seemed ridiculous. But, then I thought...........”wait a minute; just cause I’m not involved in that kinda stuff; doesn’t mean others aren’t!”
    Last edited by motomania; 12-21-2017 at 10:07 PM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motomania View Post
    -
    thats brilliant!.........not upset at all...........I was looking at some of the marijuana related coins and initially chuckled cause it seemed ridiculous. But, then I thought...........”wait a minute; just cause I’m not involved in that kinda stuff; doesn’t mean others aren’t!”
    Glad I cold help there trade is coming, but saw a forbs issue on this and was like..they have loads of money and something that people like..
    Dragon coin I'm looking at too, just cuz its Disneys, and AMAZON order and supply ETH , and anything Disney and Amazon seems to go up..

but as always do your home work, and whats a 20.00

10. Member
    Glad I cold help there trade is coming, but saw a forbs issue on this and was like..they have loads of money and something that people like..
    Dragon coin I'm looking at too, just cuz its Disneys, and AMAZON order and supply ETH , and anything Disney and Amazon seems to go up..

but as always do your home work, and whats a 20.00
    -
    I totally forgot about that Disney/dragoncoin-Dragonchain connection........I did read that a while back; and it certainly caught my attention............not sure how that fell off my radar.?!?!?

11. Member
    anyone else doing home work for Alts, like some ideas were to stick money..are is everyone nerves about the dips..I hope it all goes back to OCT levels..55 LTE 5555 BTC, but I do feel those days are gone..

12. Member
    anyone else doing home work for Alts, like some ideas were to stick money..are is everyone nerves about the dips..I hope it all goes back to OCT levels..55 LTE 5555 BTC, but I do feel those days are gone..
    -
    not nervous at all..............i just view the dips as a fire sale...............keeping my good eye on when it looks to be at it's lowest to buy more. averaging out my total purchases to the lowest possible.

13. Member
    My dark horse is FCT. (Factom)

With grants from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and the US Department of Homeland Security, along with NDA's with Fortune 500 companies... I believe they are the real deal when it comes to long term. The use case for Factom is huge.

14. Member
    Playkey and aelf. I believe playkey will rise. It's gaming and tech people love gaming plus it gives the ability for slower machines to run high power games. That means gaming companies can make better games and more people can use them. Not on a big exchange yet though.

15. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown View Post
    My dark horse is FCT. (Factom)

With grants from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and the US Department of Homeland Security, along with NDA's with Fortune 500 companies... I believe they are the real deal when it comes to long term. The use case for Factom is huge.

I want you guys and everyone here to understand something when doing "research" on these coins. There is a good chance that everything you read regarding these coins and what they do or who is invested in them, could very well be total BS. Understand that there are people out there who lie. They will make counterfeit websites that look legitimate to publish BS reports. I know, I have been burned in the past. Question everything.
    Thanos was the hero

16. Member
    I want you guys and everyone here to understand something when doing "research" on these coins. There is a good chance that everything you read regarding these coins and what they do or who is invested in them, could very well be total BS. Understand that there are people out there who lie. They will make counterfeit websites that look legitimate to publish BS reports. I know, I have been burned in the past. Question everything.
    -
    good advice there..........some of the info online can really have a sly agenda........tough to differentiate; that’s for sure.

17. Member
    So true ! But this also gives everyone to question what each are doing and why..if someone said that coin is not going anywhere I'd sure like them to say why.. this also helps the new guys start looking at alts in a different way than just I heard iton the news or my buddy said so

I’m a sucker ..sticking with the big three.. also have a decent amount of ripple and ada

Screwed up when I first got on binance and ended up with bnb..

Wanted to go with Dash

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    I’m a sucker ..sticking with the big three.. also have a decent amount of ripple and ada

Wanted to go with Dash
    -
    can you sell bnb for Ethereum and use that to buy dash?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post

Wanted to go with Dash
    That's not being a sucker. I will tell you a sure way to lose some money. Start trying to hit highs and lows throughout the day. That little bit I made on dash the other day I blew yesterday trying that junk. Buy and hold and put in a sell order at a profit you want on the smaller alts. I'm in on dash u til it goes back to 1500.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast