Z8 and New ultrexx

So I just got a new ultrex delivered but still trying to figure out what to do with the foot pedal. I know there is some old posts on this but has anyone actually installed one on a z8, if so what did you do ? I considered cutting out the recess tray to make big enough to fit and I have also thought about just making a flush platform for to sit on. Any info or other suggestions would be appreciated thank you.

Buddy cut some off the heel and it fits where it belongs...

im thinking of making a new dash panel out of aluminum, and moving the pedal 4” forward, and having the heel filled in for a minny day box aka chapstick type sents.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Installed mine last spring. Did not modify tray just slid pedal back as far as I could. It worked fine but still think I will modify this winter by lifting carpet and shaving walls.

Do you mean he cut some off the heel of the pedal itself?

5. Member
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL

6. Member
    Go back through the last 3 or 4 pages on the nitro forums and theres a handful of threads on this.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=765934
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL

7. Member
    Ok so I have a z8 with an ultrex. The previous owner took the front plastic piece that has your trim switch in it and nav out made a fiberglass one with a notch out in it for the cables. This way no cutting on your front deck. Email me and I will send pics if you want.

Email sent

9. Precision Sonar
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro26 View Post
    So I just got a new ultrex delivered but still trying to figure out what to do with the foot pedal. I know there is some old posts on this but has anyone actually installed one on a z8, if so what did you do ? I considered cutting out the recess tray to make big enough to fit and I have also thought about just making a flush platform for to sit on. Any info or other suggestions would be appreciated thank you.
    This plate is used on the Ulterra / Terrova. Also used with an Ultrex when there is an issue fitting the pedal in the well.

Attached Images Attached Images

Precision Sonar & Outdoors
    Home of the Patented Smart Bracket Console Mounting System
    email: ryank@precisionsonar.com
    phone: 270-703-6133

This is what I did on my 591. Not the best option but it got me on the water. It crowds the front deck, something you may not have a problem with your 1 foot longer boat. It is my intention to put in something like a Comforttroll this winter. If not that then trimming off the edges of the footwell. Problem is, the footwell never was deep enough even for my old Maxxum.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

11. Member
    20171223_150700.jpg20171222_123049.jpg20171222_123106.jpg
    Ok here are the picks of my home made solution. Made out of fiberglass.

12. Member
    I have decided to install an Ultrex on my Z9. I am having FishOnFabrication's fabricate the new foot pedal tray (just like 2nd link above) but I am having them powder coat in black so I can install over the top of my carpet (rather than all new carpet like what Enduro did).

Received my TM today and will have the tray in about a week - I will post pictures once complete.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjgarret View Post
    I have decided to install an Ultrex on my Z9. I am having FishOnFabrication's fabricate the new foot pedal tray (just like 2nd link above) but I am having them powder coat in black so I can install over the top of my carpet (rather than all new carpet like what Enduro did).

Received my TM today and will have the tray in about a week - I will post pictures once complete.
    Did you use the same exact measurements? If you dont mind could you pm me how much it cost?

Im thinking about doing the same thing except making it a tad shallower
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL

14. Member
    I have seen it be made to fit without modifying the existi g recess by removing the male end of the plug and just hard wiringing under the bow panel.

15. Member
    My biggest issue is how shallow the factory Nitro tray is
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Fish View Post
    I have seen it be made to fit without modifying the existi g recess by removing the male end of the plug and just hard wiringing under the bow panel.
    ^^^ This is what I did last spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Fish View Post
    I have seen it be made to fit without modifying the existing g recess by removing the male end of the plug and just hard wiring under the bow panel.
    Can you post a pic of that, if I understand you correctly you pushed the pedal forward in the footwell so it could fit? and by removing the TM plug-in that gave you enough room.
    Always "Huntin" the IA Bass!

Boat: Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion Unit: 200 Optimax ProXS
    Vertical Depth Propulsion Adjustment: 8" Bobs Action Jack
    Underwater Surveillance: Solix10 G2 Console & Solix10 G1 Bow
    Anchoring: Powerpole, Ultrex Spot Lock
    Dynamic Positioning System: Ultrex i-pilot Link