Dead Rise Bottoms

When did G3 start their 10 deg dead rise ? I was told last week that G3 lays in pieces of foam in the bottom as opposed to spraying in foam .
    Anyone know if this is correct info on the foam ?

2. Member
    I'm pretty sure the 10 degree dead rise was introduced in the Eagle Talon which I think came out in 2011. Before that, the Eagles had a 12 degree dead rise and HPs had a 16 degree dead rise. I've removed some of the foam in my Eagle and it appeared to be sprayed in. That doesn't mean that they used a different technique in other models though.
    2008 G3 Eagle 170
    Yamaha 90 2 Stroke (TX Boat)

2007 G3 HP 170
    Yamaha 115 2 Stroke (MN Boat)

3. Not Banned
    I can't see the bottom of my Sportsman 19 but I can see other areas and they are all sprayed in.

4. Member
    I'd rather have it laid in. I did that with my modified G3 boat. I wanted room for water to find its way to the Stern, rather than be trapped.

5. Not Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    I'd rather have it laid in. I did that with my modified G3 boat. I wanted room for water to find its way to the Stern, rather than be trapped.
    I would think laid in foam would be pretty standard for that reason as well as getting the skin to lay flat without having to trim the spray in down. I could be wrong. I've never actually seen how it's done.