Thread: MercMonitor

MercMonitor

I have a 2017 Mercury 150 4-stroke, don’t have the serial number on me right now. Can anyone tell me how hard it is to install a smart craft gauge? My boat is a 2017 ranger Rt198p and I would like to install one. My dealer told me that it couldn’t be done, but I’m seeing more and more boats like mine having them. I have the VesselView mobile right now, but would like the additional info offered on the gauge. Thanks

It is not impossible. The motor listed is Smartcraft compatible. The hardest part is running the data cable through the boat then through the rigging tube. Other than that, it is just like legos.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Sounds like you need a new dealer/service shop.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    I did mine on a verado. Hardest part for me was running it up and thru the run from the back of the boat into the engine. I took the head apart, ran a fish tape then a rope, made a pulling head out of a nylon stocking, and pulled it up. Where it went thru the cowling there was a rubber part that had holes for each of the seperate lines. Mine were almost full but I got it to fit. I run humminbirds so GPS did not match up to NEMA 2000. I bought a stand alone Garmen GPS puck (X19 I think) and linked it up. I got guidance from googling it. Some guys give you great photos to go by.
    Ches.
    Last edited by Ches.; 01-02-2018 at 09:51 PM.
    2013 Lund 2010 Pro Guide, 150 Verado SN:2B024387
    2X Helix 12's Mega G2N's, Lvl. 2 Merc Monitor