Lucas M

3rd Annual Big Bass Wanted Tournament

Mark your calendars for September 15, 2018 on Lake Waconia for the 3rd annual Big Bass Wanted Tournament. Details to come later. Over $15,000 has been raised the past 2 years for Feed My Starving Children. Let's keeping it going!

2. Lucas M
    Hey Guys, just wanted to send out an update. Due to scheduling, the Big Bass Wanted Tournament has been changed to September 8th, 2018. Please mark your calendars and spread the word. Check out the webpage for for info and to sign up! Please pass along to anyone who may be interested. Remember 100% of your entry fee goes to support Feed My Starving Children. Already have over $1,000 in cash and prizes to tournament winners!

https://sites.google.com/view/bigbasswanted4fmsc/home

Thanks everyone!

3. Member
    I am fishing it this year... is there a prize for smallest weighed in.. if not can there be.. I like winning things
    2016 PHOENIX 920 PROXP
    2016 EVINDRUDE G2

4. Lucas M
    Alright guys, we are 1 month away from the tournament! Summer is flying by. A reminder that the Big Bass Wanted Tournament is on September 8th this year. Lake Waconia. All the details and to sign up for the event can be found on the tournament website listed below. We have some great prizes this year once again for each period winner, the grand champion, and a new category that can be seen on the website!

Once again, your entire entry fee of the tournament will go to Feed My Starving Children to help feed kids around the world who are in need to food. So please come on out to support this cause and help us reach our $10,000 goal. If you cant make it, but still want to help with the cause, please get a hold of me! Any questions, do not hesitate to message me or email me at bigbasswanted4fmsc@gmail.com

5. Moderator
    I love the Big 3 side pot idea!!

New for 2018: THE BIG 3

Anglers will have the opportunity to participate in a combined weight prize package by combining their biggest bass of each period for a 3 bass total weight. The cost to participate in this optional challenge is an additional $50 per person. $25 of the entry fee will go towards the FMSC Big Bass Wanted goal of $10,000 and $25 will go towards the Big 3 pot for the winning combined weight. Same rules apply as the tournament.

6. Member
    I'll be there to donate!

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

7. Lucas M
    Like we did in 2017, a silent auction will be going on starting today and running through the end of the tournament. You can start to bid on items now by emailing me at bigbasswanted4fmsc@gmail.com or by bidding on items the day of the tournament. Bidding will conclude at 2:00 pm. Items up for bid so far are:

-Bass Painting by local artist Ray Mertes
    -2 Prop Repairs (Up to $200) from Formula Propeller (Auctioned off separately)
    -A Connect-Ease Battery Terminal connection kit
    -4 Regular Season Wild Hockey Tickets
    -Archery Shooting Pass at Cabin Fever
    -Archery lessons at Cabin Fever

More information and items to come!

Also, I have been getting a lot of questions about paying the entry fee the day of the tournament. If you would rather pay at check-in the day of the tournament that is fine, just please bring a check made out to FMSC or bring exact change for your donation/entry. $50 per angler, or $100 per angler if you choose to be in the Big 3 competition along with the Big Bass Wanted challenge. If you have any questions, feel free to message me or email me at the email listed above.

Also, remember that your entry fee includes a free lunch and beverages after the tournament concludes. Thanks again everyone, looking forward to a fun and successful event!

8. Lucas M
    All the silent auction items are now listed on the website.

Also, lunch this year will be provided by a local grill master who will be making anglers smoked pulled pork sandwiches, smoked chicken wings, homemade baked beans, chips, and beverages. So... even if you have a tough time on the water and cant find the fish, at least you will get a great meal when the tournament is over!

Please come out and help make this charity event an awesome success!

Thanks everyone

Can we bid on things even if we aren’t fishing the derby?

10. Lucas M
    Yes. Anyone can bid on the items whether they are fishing or not. Just shoot me a pm or an email!

11. Lucas M
    Still time to sign up! Check in starts at 6:00am with blast off at 7:30am from the Waconia beach! Go to the website in the posts above to sign up or find out more info! Getting a great response this year! Should be a lot of fun, and the weather looks great so far!

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed fishing this event. Hats off to Lucas and those that assisted as it was very well run. The fish were in their September Swoon but the important thing, of course, was the money raised for Feed My Starving Children. Great job, Lucas!

13. Member
    Agreed, thanks Lucas!

Cal, fun meeting you in person. I'm not sure if you realize it, but you beat us by 1 oz for the 2nd period winner. Congrats and hats off to you!

Jared, thanks for introducing yourself. Sorry about the one ounce deal. Part of prize "loot" was a gift cert at Buffalo Tap. Buy ya a sometime if you're interested.

15. Lucas M
    Thank you to all who came and participated in the Big Bass Wanted tournament this year! Was a great turnout this year of 35 boats! We reached our $10,000 goal this year for FMSC, so thank you to all of those who helped us reach it! Thank you to all the sponsors who helped out with prize package and donations!

Congrats to Andrew Mechelke who was the big bass champion this year! He weighed in a 4.2 in the final period for the victory. Arnold Helgerson took home the victory on the Big 3 challenge.

As mentioned, fishing was tough this year, but some nice ones were still able to be weighed in.

It was a lot of fun, and were blessed with great weather! I will be posting pictures of the event in the next few days on the website.

Until next year everyone! Thank you again.

Sounds like a fun event!

I thought for sure someone would stick a 6. Can't believe how tough Waconia has been recently. I've fished a couple club-level type things out there during that time and winning weights both times were in the 12-13 lb range. I'm sure the algae blooms and weather that can't make up its mind doesn't help, but never thought I'd see that out there. Congrats to Andrew on a nice one nevertheless!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    Jared, thanks for introducing yourself. Sorry about the one ounce deal. Part of prize "loot" was a gift cert at Buffalo Tap. Buy ya a sometime if you're interested.
    I may have to take you up on that offer!!