Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do they compare?

29TXP OT4, 29 Trophy, 32 Bravo

I know every boat is different but I would like to know from folks that have run these props how they compare.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

Careful with the TXP 4 blades, they chuck blades easily when ran above 2" UNDER and I think you usually run closer to 1" under.

I know of 5 that have lost ears in the past year including one on my boat and 2 on my buddies. Blades look thick but they just dont hold up, cost a couple of guys lower units and could be much worse if it loses a blade while running hard! Myself and a few others wont ever run another simply cause of safety.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

Thanks for that info. How about the others?

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

The reason I ask is I'm trying to break 90. I'm very close. So far best prop is 27 Fury. 88MPH@6000RPM's. I had a 30 Bravo that did 86.5 at about 6100RPM's which is about 12% slip. I believe if I can turn a 32 to 5900 with same slip numbers it be right at 90. Any better slip numbers would get me over 90. I have no experience with Trophy but Keith (jrspop) has had good results with them.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman6965 View Post
    Thanks for that info. How about the others?
    No experience with Bravos but they have a great reputation, both in performance and reliability, and I know a lot of guys run them

I have run a trophy but never over 2" under or over 75mph so I have been very happy with it but I have heard of guys that run them fast and high having issues cracking them as well. Very good performers though

6. Member
    The reason I ask is I'm trying to break 90. I'm very close. So far best prop is 27 Fury. 88MPH@6000RPM's. I had a 30 Bravo that did 86.5 at about 6100RPM's which is about 12% slip. I believe if I can turn a 32 to 5900 with same slip numbers it be right at 90. Any better slip numbers would get me over 90. I have no experience with Trophy but Keith (jrspop) has had good results with them.
    Wow. Is that a 1.75 lower?

You and me both! So far I have also been fastest with the Fury but havent had any other "go fast" props to try. Ive ran Tempest, Scorpions, Trophys, Power Techs, and maybe one or two more im forgetting.

Ive heard good things about the Hydromotives for speed but dont have any experience with them, but I do want to try them if the opportunity comes around!

I wonder if the Performers that run so fast on the Bullets would work or if your/our hulls are too heavy or dont have the right pad?...

1.75 gears.

Check this link out:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=864622

Quote Originally Posted by angle iron View Post
    Wow. Is that a 1.75 lower?

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

Now that's some FUZZY math right there.

Ok....

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    About 1% slip.....

It is 5% slip if you add an inch for cupping like Mark Croxton has advised. I posted here not to brag or to be questioned as to validity of results. I posted to get answers. I have bought and sold over 30 props on three different motors with same hull since Nov 2013. I have also posted before about slip and why does one prop like the Fury ON MY BOAT have better slip numbers than a Bravo. In that post some of the comments were "make up your own slip numbers to make it work." I have found that not all props are the same. You can try same model and pitch prop out of two boxes and they will run differently. That is why when somebody said to work the Fury since it is the best prop I said no one is touching this Fury BECAUSE it is the best prop.

Quote Originally Posted by angle iron View Post
    About 1% slip.....

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

Bravo1's are slower, No such thing as a 29 Trophy and a 28P is not the same design as the 27P... Not desirable. The TXP-OT4 would be my choice of the 3 mentioned. ProMax may be another to look at...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Thank you Michael. I have a 29TXP OT4 on the way

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    The TXP-OT4 would be my choice of the 3 mentioned.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

15. Member
    Pro max ran high would be my choice. Little slow on take off and stiffer than a trophy but good top end and you can run it high without the worry of throwing a blade like a trophy.

Never seen a 29 Trophy-- The 28's I have ran were not good, they act way different than the other pitch Trophies. When worked by the right person for a particular rig the Bravos make some good props.. My boat does not like the TXP-0T4 as well as a worked Bravo. Right now I like the Pro max props when worked by Robbie .
    As for the fuzzy math comment-- . I agree that propeller science is not exact.. Even thou the formulas are mathematically correct.. The fact is there are to many uncontrolled variables for them to be 100% correct.. But they are a good guide.

When you post that a 27 pitch prop turning 6000 rpm with 1.75 gears is running 88 MPH.. and the formula says; Yes it will run 88 with zero slip.. If you add five percent slip, which is better than I have ever had. it would be running 84 PMH .
    The next sentence you say your turning a 3 inch bigger prop MORE rpm than a 27 but its slower
    I figure anyone who has tried to make a boat run fast will agree-- that looks fuzzy..

First of all, I want to thank 21XDC and mdtriton for your comments. That is what I was looking for when I posted. As far as fishnfireman, your comments insinuate that I'm either lying or can't drive a boat. I'll in part, admit to the latter albeit 88mph in a Triton with whatever prop is pretty good. I can't believe how people start s$@t for nothing. Do you think I spent my money on a 30 Bravo to PROVE it would be slower than my 27 Fury?? I was praying and hoping THIS was the prop that would do it for me but it is what it is. These are the facts as illustrated in my post "ran 3 props today" which is linked here in post #8. Those were GPS readings for each prop after each run.
    Mr. Fireman. I invite you to run my boat with a STOCK 30 Bravo and then with my stock 27 fury and see for yourself which prop is faster. In your own comments you contradict yourself by saying "there are too many variables". So let's stop this bashing and just comment on the help I humbly asked for when I started this post.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

Something else a lot of guys dont realize is that the Furys, when worked right and ran on a boat capable of getting most of the hull out of the water (like when you have 300+hp haha) can achieve some of the best slip numbers I have ever seen. Dont know if it's that they are hooking up better, the small diameter, or the shape of the blades provide what amounts to a higher pitch or what, but I have calculated below 5% with them more than once. I know it wasnt actually that, but they calculate low numbers.

Eassseey there big feller.. No need to get all defensive!
    No where did I say ANYTHING about your driving skill. FYI anyone who can run a 21ft Triton to 88 has my respect no mater how much hp you put to it !! Dang sure never said you were lying --- I said the (math) is "fuzzy" meaning something is not correct..
    I'm not questioning the speed !!!!!!!!!
    My first question is do they make a bigger Fury ??
    Is your Fury and Bravo both stock ? Did you buy them new ?? If so how does your motor turn a 4 blade 30 pitch prop to 6100 rpm but will only turn a 27 pitch prop to 6000 rpm.. That's what has me scratching my head..
    Don't let some simple questions ruin your day.. Good luck.

fishnfireman thanks for clarifying. You are still invited. Not to prove anybody wrong. Let's go fishing! LOL I like what JRisco posted. When I bought 300 from great guy in Lake City, FL, it came with a Gen2. He flat out said with the utmost conviction, RUN A 27 FURY. So I got lucky on BBC and found a new one in the box for a great price. The 30 Bravo, I absolutely knew the history of prop. Bought originally by fellow BBC'er I contact often in Jacksonville then sold to a guy who ran it once. Completely stock prop. I don't know how it does what it does but it did. LOL x 3. As far as prop slip and I hope this doesn't go too long. When I sold Robalo fishing boats with my dad in the 70's and 80's, I made up my own formula for slip calculator without outside input and discerned after calculation you needed to allow for "slip". Here is example 6000 RPM's, 1.75(.571) gears, 27" pitch for you math junkies:
    Flywheel RPM's (6000) x Propshaft RPM (.571)=3426 prop shaft RPM's
    Prop shaft RPM's (3426) x prop pitch in inches (27)=92,502 inches per minute!
    Inches per minute (92,502) divided by 12=7,708.5 FEET per minute
    Feet per minute (7708.5) divided by feet in a mile (5280)=1.4599 miles per minute
    Miles per minute (1.4599) x minutes in hour (60)=87.59 MILES PER HOUR with 0 slip
    Based on Croxton advise to add an inch of pitch the formula would equal 90.84 MPH or 3.13% slip. Again this is just the math and "many variables" for actual prop but I can say ALL the Bravos I've run on all 3 motors had similar slip numbers (12%) And that is the skinny gents

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast