Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeBassin View Post
    Thanks T-Mac, mine does blow out quite a bit.

How about these manual jack plates that can be adjusted by a wrench? They seem to get good reviews and it sounds like one would work well for what I want it for and I'd save about $700 rather than buying hydraulic. I have never owned a glass boat so I don't really understand or have ever felt the need to improve my hole shot because as far as I can tell my renegade seems to pop right up on plane when I give it to her. The point I'm trying to get at is once I found the sweet spot that gave me the best speed gain it seems like I could just leave it right there and be set. However, I have never owned a boat with a jack plate so I don't really know if that's true or not.
    That boat doesn't need a jack plate at all for performance reason IMO honestly. With the exception of running stump filled areas. I have RT 198 P and when I 1st got the boat I got 62 mph out of the boat and it wasn't proped correct for the RPMs and there isnt a jack plate on it at all. The Mod Vs get really weird feeling when you get them way out of the water and don't feel super safe. Keep in mind I am in Michigan so I fish smaller inland lakes like you have to very large ones and the great lakes in my boat.

Loaded up and depending on the day I am going 55 to 58 mph on the GPS now. I recently ran a river here in Michigan called the Grand and was able to make my way around without the Jack Plate just fine and it was 1st time there. Here is a video from that day. I think was going 25 to 44 mph everywhere I went and ran roughly 4 miles of river

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Love your videos Raisinrat! I didn’t know you guys got to fish the frog like that up there, in Florida it’s one of my favorites but I keep reeling until I feel tension before I set the hook! Just messing w you.

What live action camera would you recommend for a beginner that just wants to film a little and doesn’t always have someone in the boat to take pics. These fish look small taking pics by myself holding my iPhone.

Send me a pm so I don’t hijack this poor guys thread if you want. The buzzbait fish was over 6 and looks like a 3 and the flipping bass was over 7 and looks maybe 5...I can’t take a photo alone and just want these fish to get the respect they deserve! Thanks.

And personally i dont see a 5.5” jackplate working well on that boat. Maybe a 4”, with that hull you’re moving the center of gravity too far back....motor height is the key I am learning...and I’ve asked the experts here a lot of questions about my boat, everyone has treated me great!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12