Bass fishing Reelfoot Lake

We fish Kentucky Lake every year in April out of Paris for a week. Thought about giving Reelfoot a try for 2 or 3 days this year. How is the Bass fishing on Reelfoot? Thank You!

I went a few times but it's been 10 years or so. If you like to flip it's a great place to go. Few things:
    Don't take a glass boat, lake is shallow and full of stumps. Tin only or even better just rent one while you are there. You may need to take your own trolling moter if you rent.
    When I was there most people were fishing blue gill or catfish. Crappie was probably the next one on the list and bass had very little pressure.
    There is a TON of visible cover, cypress, lily pads, laydowns, cat tails.... it all looks good. Cover a lot of water till you get bit them slow down and work the area.

I enjoyed fishing it and am sure I will go back again one day. We stayed at blue bank resort and would go back. Only place I have ever been that they would give you minnows as part of your boat rental but you had to pay extra for worms
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

3. Member
    A lot of people are using glass boats on Reelfoot now. You will need to stay in the marked trails that duck hunters have marked. You can run in some of the ditches. The lake is now full of the big head carp and a lot of catfish. Bass fishing has fell off the last few years, but still good at times. It is worth the trip to see the lake and you should be able to catch some that time of year. One of the things they are doing a lot now is bow fishing trash fish at night.
    Good luck.

4. Member
    How did the carp get in?

5. Member
    Asian carp have invaded any waters even remotely connected to the Mississippi river or its tributaries. Any ditch, slough, or floodpath from a high river has spread these fish.. Im afraid they are here to stay. I know they have severely affected the sloughs and chutes off the Mississippi that i have fished in the past. Reelfoot has alot of inflow that is indirectly connected to the river.

6. Member
    Is Reelfoot more of a "quantity" or "quality" lake for size and/or numbers for bass?

7. Member
    Probably about a toss up. Quite a few 2-3 lb fish. Spring time in the buck brush and pad stems can be good as well as hot summer time in the pads or around cypress trees. My personal favorite time is late June with a 7" inch blue fleck power worm around cypress tree trucks/knees.

8. Member
    Thx for the reply!