Thread: 12 pounder?

12 pounder?

2. Member
    Definitely not a ....native bass. Heck of a bass.

3. Banned
    Maybe Jack Millers in Toledo Bend.

4. Member
    I am seeing on facebook, they claim he snuck into a private pond and caught her.
    Last edited by lakebouef5; 12-19-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Its' on the sportsman reports, so you know it's legit

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    I am seeing on facebook, they claim he snuck into a private pond and caught her.
    The question I would like to know is was it released back to the water to lay some good stock.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    I do not believe it’s a private pond. A lot of locals fish it. It’s some old ponds by the levee in bayou sorrel but no one owns them. You can get in them by boat from jack millers but the water has to be real high. Other than that you have to launch a small boat walking through the woods.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAH1986 View Post
    I do not believe it’s a private pond. A lot of locals fish it. It’s some old ponds by the levee in bayou sorrel but no one owns them. You can get in them by boat from jack millers but the water has to be real high. Other than that you have to launch a small boat walking through the woods.
    Good info, that youngster has a giant one there. Somebody must have thrown some florida bass in there at some point...the native...northern strain bass...just do not get close to that big...just shy of 13 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DAH1986 View Post
    Walking through the woods seems like it would be trespassing to me. Certainly the water isn't THAT high right now

on Facebook a fella said he was 100% sure they were trespassing and this guy had been ran off before.

20XDC / Promax

10. Member
    No way!!! Nice filets on that one.

11. Member
    Somebody always has to throw this kind of comment in. Just be glad for the young man. And who cares where he caught it?

12. Member
    The young man caught a good bass and congratulations.
    Some rumors claimed he fished private property at one time and run off.
    The rumor is they are making assumptions he caught the bass in this area.
    Unless they have evidence then it is means nothing.

When I bought my first boat in brand new cash a 1991 Fisher with 40
    hp Mariner, I fished the Bayou Outside of the levee from I-10 to Grand River where Jack Millers people would fish it. I caught some nice bass over the years during that year or two due to lack of pressure. I didn’t know how to fish the spillway. This area also did not have a fish kill as bad as the other areas. My first big bass I caught was a 5.7 lb bass. I took my combo selector out and the ph was good and the color was green. I fished stumps on the side of the Bayou and first cast the line shot off the back of the stump and I never set the hook the bass are it. I threw green jig at the same spot on the stumps and caught 12 bass avg 1lb to 2 lbs. That Bayou has fish.

I caught 2- 6lbers and 1-7 lber out of Jack Millers area in the fall in the past few years in Grand River.
    An old timer who passed away 2 years ago told me about some spots he found in the old people days.
    I caught bass off those sunken stumps or logs.
    After Hurricane Andrew in the 90’s they stocked this area with bass.
    This area can have some big bass I just don’t see having a lot of them.
    Last edited by jlsch1; 12-23-2017 at 07:04 AM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BStrick View Post
    Walking through the woods seems like it would be trespassing to me. Certainly the water isn't THAT high right now

on Facebook a fella said he was 100% sure they were trespassing and this guy had been ran off before.
    it was definitely not trespassing. People have been fishing them ponds or Bar pits for years and years

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jblanchard87 View Post
    it was definitely not trespassing. People have been fishing them ponds or Bar pits for years and years

This can be said about many marsh areas in south Louisiana as well... just because people have been fishing it for years doesn't mean it's not trespassing...

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    This can be said about many marsh areas in south Louisiana as well... just because people have been fishing it for years doesn't mean it's not trespassing...
    Your right,That was a poor statement. I can say this, unlike the marsh its has no posted signs anywhere and No one ever gets run out.

16. Member
    I am not 100% sure if the ponds are private or not but I know several people that fish them ponds regularly and have never been run out. One of the guys caught a 9 lber out of there just 3 years ago. It just sounds like a bunch of jealousy going around. Just because this guy caught a fish that is not heard of for this area, doesn't mean he done it illegally. Just like tournament fishing, when a guy does good consistently, sooner or later a rumor goes around about that guy doing things he wasn't supposed too. Instead of being happy for people most guys wanna hate on them.

17. Member
    Where is these ponds?
    Is it the pits right on the left or North behind the camps when you get to the end of Grand River and can only go North or South?
    If so man I fished those years ago and I guess they can lock me up also.