Thread: spider rigging?

spider rigging?

For you guys that do a lot of spider rigging which boat does most prefer? Glass or tin? Thanks in advance.

2. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Hopefully someone will be along soon to help you out with this question. Spider rigging is one thing I have never done while fishing for crappie!

3. Member
    Glass u need it to be stable and not to rock around I fish out of a 522 ranger . But any boat will work .

Quote Originally Posted by 488vsDamon View Post
    Glass u need it to be stable and not to rock around I fish out of a 522 ranger . But any boat will work .
    I agree. Bouncing rod tips are a pain spider rigging.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

5. Member
    I just got into it this last year a few times. I'm fishing it out of a 20ft fiberglass fish and ski. Not ideal... but what I have. My 6 year old LOVES spider rigging and that makes me like it more.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

6. Member
    We can only have 3 rods per angler in the water here in Kansas. We gave it a shot a couple times but with the trash fish, Bass, white bass, wipers, and catfish we have in our lakes we spent the whole time untangling 6 lines, nothing like hitting a school of whites or wipers to add excitement and ruination to the day.

7. Member
    Wind is usually a problem with tins,

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    We can only have 3 rods per angler in the water here in Kansas. We gave it a shot a couple times but with the trash fish, Bass, white bass, wipers, and catfish we have in our lakes we spent the whole time untangling 6 lines, nothing like hitting a school of whites or wipers to add excitement and ruination to the day.

LOL..one big sand bass can make a mess fast that's for sure.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    LOL..one big sand bass can make a mess fast that's for sure.
    I don't even want to imagine going thru a school of 4 pound wipers with 12 to 20 rods out!!!

To the OP, i think a heavier boat in either glass or tin would suffice. Many of the big time spider riggers use both.

I’ve had fiberglass and tin. Fiberglass by far is the best if you fish windy points/areas. Tin just catches a lot of wind.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX