Thread: Grand in June

Grand in June

Is the fishing decent on Grand in June? I’m thinking of making the trip down. If so where would you recommend I stay and or avoid? Thanks

2. Member
    Fishing can be good but the pleasure boaters are out in full force by then. it all just depends on what the water level and how the spring goes before i could say what the fishing would be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbp View Post
    Is the fishing decent on Grand in June? I’m thinking of making the trip down. If so where would you recommend I stay and or avoid? Thanks
    any weekend that a Triton/Ranger Tment going on.

4. Member
    So basically watch the spring rains to make sure it isn’t flooded out? Fishing boats wouldn’t bother me but I do tend to get a bit aggravated when 150 yachts just drive around all day. Do they tend to stay in the main lake or they hit all the creek arms too?

5. Member
    There’s ertain creek arms they tend to stick to, but there are boats and jet skis everywhere on the main lake

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    any weekend that a Triton/Ranger Tment going on.
    Theyre not fishing those tournaments in June anymore, just March, April, May.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbp View Post
    So basically watch the spring rains to make sure it isn’t flooded out? Fishing boats wouldn’t bother me but I do tend to get a bit aggravated when 150 yachts just drive around all day. Do they tend to stay in the main lake or they hit all the creek arms too?
    They are in most of the creek arms on the south end of the lake. A few of them are no wake for boats over 25'. From the Honey Creek/Shangri Law area south they are hard to avoid in the summer time.

8. Member
    Also, on the flooded out part unless its so high that you can't get on the lake it doesnt get "flooded out". my comment was more in reference to where the fish would be. if its normal and we have a normal spring they'll be in a typical post spawn/ summer time pattern. if its high and in the bushes and trees, i can't make myself fish anything else besides the flooded stuff.

9. Member
    I was thinking of fishing up the Elk and Neosho from Lees resort. Looking at Navionics I see that the Elk can get pretty shallow. At normal pool is it pretty safe to run? Are there channel markers? I was thinking about staying at Lee’s or Long’s resorts. From reading reviews, it doesn’t seem like Lee’s has a decent ramp, which I would need bc I will likely be alone. Thanks again

10. Member
    The ramps and parking at Wolf Creek Park are excellent and only a couple of miles below where the Neosho/Elk Rivers meet. Stay in town and launch there. Elk is safe up to the old Cayuga bridge, no channel markers so a little caution is needed above there.

11. Member
    Yep i would use the Wolf Creek Park ramps, where they hosted the classic. You shouldn't have to worry about pleasure boaters up that way.

12. Member
    Sounds good, I appreciate it.

13. Member
    pbj jigs up drowning creek....
    TrackerUser

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 920screaming250 View Post
    pbj jigs up drowning creek....
    Ty Sir

15. Member
    TrackerUser

16. Member
    IMHO, the 1st week in June is the best it gets on Grand. You can catch them on just about anything you like to throw. Just find a point in 15' and keep moving until you find the size you want. Have had some 50-75 fish days during the week when not it isn't nearly as crowded throwing a C rig. Larger fish on jigs and deep CB. Anywhere on the lake from the Elk River to the dam are good during that time.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebasser69 View Post
    IMHO, the 1st week in June is the best it gets on Grand. You can catch them on just about anything you like to throw. Just find a point in 15' and keep moving until you find the size you want. Have had some 50-75 fish days during the week when not it isn't nearly as crowded throwing a C rig. Larger fish on jigs and deep CB. Anywhere on the lake from the Elk River to the dam are good during that time.
    I appreciate the tips. I’m definitely looking forward to heading down.

18. Member
    One good thing about Grand is you are a hour or so from a half dozen good fishing lakes. Not that grand isnt maybe the best of them all, just your not limited in quality fishin waters.