Thread: Aerators

Question Aerators

Need two aerators
    suggestion on the best brands

2. Member
    Do you need the whole pump (motor assembly and housing) or just the motor cartridge. If the motor is bad and not running they are designed so that you can change the motor assembly pretty easy but you have to use the specific motor for your manufacturers pump. You really only need the complete aerator pump if you are changing everything out.

Flow-Rite with replaceable pump cartridge. 750 gph min for aerator
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Ithas 2ATTWOOD but I believe their motors are rusted out I'll probably just have to put all new ones
    Just wondering which companies make them one is it going to last a while I have no idea see a lot of companies out there but I have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Shakie View Post
    Ithas 2ATTWOOD but I believe their motors are rusted out I'll probably just have to put all new ones
    Just wondering which companies make them one is it going to last a while I have no idea see a lot of companies out there but I have no idea
    The Attwood pumps are good. The local Wal-Mart here sells them for less than $20, and it's easy to change out the cartridge.

6. Member
    Usually the housing is good unless it froze and cracked. But it is not a bad thing to just replace it all. Just a little more work. Rule makes good ones and Johnson (SPX flow). I know that some manufacturers are using the Attwood Tsunami pumps. I don't really know if any one is better than the other. If you look around you will see the prices vary a lot. I have the Johnsons in my old Ranger simply because that is what it came with. When I needed new motor cartridges it was just as cheap to buy the whole assembly online. I pulled the motor assemblys out and put them in my old housings.

If you are going to pull it all out to replace the pumps I would probably replace the hoses if they have some age on them. If it has a livewell control valve I would put a kit in that too while you have it out. Depending on which boat you have it is probably best to do it all and be done with it.

Like wmitch2 said, Flow-rite would be a good place to start. https://flow-rite.com/marine

Thanks guys