Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Sorry to high jack this thread but how are the other 13 reels? wouldn't ind trying one but have read mixed reviews on all there series of reels

Quote Originally Posted by somerdink View Post
    Sorry to high jack this thread but how are the other 13 reels? wouldn't ind trying one but have read mixed reviews on all there series of reels
    I fish the As, Cs and now a Z. I like their reels. Its a reel that take a little time getting use too. But once you have it set up and use to it, I can cast the heck out of them.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somerdink View Post
    Completely agree with Larry. I've also found that some peoples' casting style work better with their reels than others. The way I cast they work very well, better than any other reel I've used. That part aside, I like the fact I can color code them by gear ratio and I can keep different spools of line in my boat and I can just pop out one spool and in a different one to change line size, no peeling all the line off and wasting line just to switch from 12 to 10lb line.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

nice little buddy vs buddy casting contest

5. Member
    I went out yesterday again-have 2 13 z- one is somewhat smooth, quiet and casts average; the other sounds like it’s flying apart on casts but does have good distance- maybe 20 ft further — my guess is the inconsistent reviews are due to inconsistent production

Took it out to the local pond yesterday, man the one I got it SUPER smooth and bombs the bait... I really like it, don't think I will be switching all my reels to them or anything like that but I am definitely happy with the purchase, I think its going to be a spectacular reel.
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

With all these good reports I might just have to try one if I can sell off my SV tatula

8. Member
    so you're selling off your Tatula SV's for a concept z? Don't do it, you will regret that move for the rest of your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by tacklenerd View Post
    With all these good reports I might just have to try one if I can sell off my SV tatula
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

Lol. I wouldn't be selling off my Daiwas for 13 fishing oem doyo , banax reels or who ever makes them.
    Last edited by JohnD.; 02-08-2018 at 03:18 PM. Reason: typo

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    Lol. I wouldn't be selling off my Daiwas for 13 fishing oem doyo , banax reels or however makes them.
    Banax makes the 13. Doyo makes Lews, BPS, Abu and is 10x better IMO than the Banax OEMs. As a matter of fact, I like the new Doyo line better than the Curado/Tatulas, as long as you get a Doyo that has brass gears.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklenerd View Post
    Out of all my 13s and I like my Z but it does not have the quality as my As or Cs in fit and finish. I've found a couple burrs that has nicked me.

12. Member
    I liked my Concept C a lot too but had to sell it to fund for my Ultrex, I will have to pick one up in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by larryhyco View Post
    Out of all my 13s and I like my Z but it does not have the quality as my As or Cs in fit and finish. I've found a couple burrs that has nicked me.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL

Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    Banax makes the 13. Doyo makes Lews, BPS, Abu and is 10x better IMO than the Banax OEMs. As a matter of fact, I like the new Doyo line better than the Curado/Tatulas, as long as you get a Doyo that has brass gears.
    What doyo do you like better than tats and curados ?
    Last edited by JohnD.; 02-09-2018 at 09:10 AM.

14. Member
    Has anyone compared it to a sv tatula?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkling12 View Post
    Has anyone compared it to a sv tatula?
    There is no comparison...

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    There is no comparison...
    I wondered. Sv are hard to beat and less money. I like trying new stuff but these have very mixed reviews.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    What doyo do you like better than tats and curados ?
    I have the Revo Rocket which competes and destroys the Curado I series and I got it for way less than the curado sells for. Now the E series Curado is hard to beat. I do think Abu and Lews can roll with the Tatulas and Curados (albeit I have not fished the K yet). That said I am a Daiwa and Shimano fan, but I tend to go where ever the deal takes me.

18. Member
    I agree with you that lews can compare to tatulas and curados on distant casting but when it comes to fishing it in high wind the tatulas shines over the curados and lews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Down4ttown View Post
    I have the Revo Rocket which competes and destroys the Curado I series and I got it for way less than the curado sells for. Now the E series Curado is hard to beat. I do think Abu and Lews can roll with the Tatulas and Curados (albeit I have not fished the K yet). That said I am a Daiwa and Shimano fan, but I tend to go where ever the deal takes me.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL

19. Member
    Anyone else get their hands on one? curious what your thoughts are.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123