Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Hey Larryhyco, the candy store in Lake Whales FL has a orange reel in how 8.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Z View Post
    Hey Larryhyco, the candy store in Lake Whales FL has a orange reel in how 8.1.1
    larry is in NC and pretty sure bridgemasters doesn't ship anything.

3. Member

4. Member
    I took mine out today- bar none, loudest casting reels that I’ve ever had- cast distance, retrieve , Palm /feel ok but the loud racket on casting—video pros said was quitest reel ever - hmmmm

5. Member
    This reel has very inconsistent reviews , I hear quiet and loud as well. Seems like it needs to be tinkered with over time from 13 Fishing.

6. Member
    everytime I have bought the newest greatest reel in the 200 dollar range (I have all Cores or Diawa Steez's), I wind up giving it away (Lews, Quantum,etc)....So I learn so well, I am ordering one of these based on TackleTour's reviews, whom I respect actually, and one of their heavy swimbait rods.....I wonder who will get that combo??? LOL
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    everytime I have bought the newest greatest reel in the 200 dollar range (I have all Cores or Diawa Steez's), I wind up giving it away (Lews, Quantum,etc)....So I learn so well, I am ordering one of these based on TackleTour's reviews, whom I respect actually, and one of their heavy swimbait rods.....I wonder who will get that combo??? LOL
    I will take it! lol

Rick Elrod

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Pudd legend View Post
    This reel has very inconsistent reviews , I hear quiet and loud as well. Seems like it needs to be tinkered with over time from 13 Fishing.
    The inconsistency could be due to the fact that 13 has "sponsored" more youtubers than you can shake a stick at, and 99% of the "reviewers" (sponsored or not) are clueless.

9. Member
    I used a steez, revo mgx, Shimano metanium and the concept Z in rotation yesterday and it was a distant 4th- yes those others cost more but I guess that the YouTube videos set the bar pretty high

I bought one today at the our fishing expo. I tried it tonight off my dock in heavy rain. I'm use to casting a 13 reel and I do believe they cast different. You can not give it that little extra or a backlash happens. After getting it dialed in I think it cast nice. It's suppose to stop raining tomorrow and I will run it through its paces.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    I took mine out today- bar none, loudest casting reels that I’ve ever had- cast distance, retrieve , Palm /feel ok but the loud racket on casting—video pros said was quitest reel ever - hmmmm
    Was it something like this?
    You're not alone. Mine was very loud even throwing jigs and jerkbaits.
    When I was throwing it for distance shown in the vid. I could feel the spool jumping around in the NZB tolerances. You can hear it as a low pitched chatter in addition to the brake buzz. And with jigs low rpm casts..it felt like i was getting a hand massage
    I had a reel out yesterday that consisted of a kastking royal legend, shishamo, and favorite white bird....(swapped all the parts) And in 4 casts I had achieved distances greater than the Z. (not by much) 254 to 258' with 18 grams

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobydooTA View Post
    Was it something like this?
    You're not alone. Mine was very loud even throwing jigs and jerkbaits.
    When I was throwing it for distance shown in the vid. I could feel the spool jumping around in the NZB tolerances. You can hear it as a low pitched chatter in addition to the brake buzz. And with jigs low rpm casts..it felt like i was getting a hand massage
    I had a reel out yesterday that consisted of a kastking royal legend, shishamo, and favorite white bird....(swapped all the parts) And in 4 casts I had achieved distances greater than the Z. (not by much) 254 to 258' with 18 grams
    Even in the 13Fishing promo videos the casting noise can be heard. Sounds a bit like an Okuma Helios reel I had with brake noise on casting.

I just ordered an 8.1:1 off tacklewarehouse, hopefully I like it lol
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

14. Member
    I’ll probably donate mine to a local high school team- they ll be stoked, and I didn’t need them till n the first place-

Quote Originally Posted by FlipSide View Post
    I just ordered an 8.1:1 off tacklewarehouse, hopefully I like it lol
    I like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by larryhyco View Post
    I like mine.
    Did you fish with it more after your initial thoughts on the 12th?

17. Member
    I’ve watched a lot of reviews and some are honestly pretty spot on. A $100 reel from bass pro has better tolerances lol

Quote Originally Posted by FlipSide View Post
    Did you fish with it more after your initial thoughts on the 12th?
    Yes, I tried it again when I didn't have to fight the elements outside. I should never judge anything until its a nice sunny day and the wind isn't blowing. But remember I have several 13s and I like their reels and know how to throw them. It takes some time to get use to any of their reels.

19. Member
    Mine was little loud, but I like the sound, it casts the furthest out of all my reels( I have steez, sv 105, tautual sv, mgxextrem, bunch of team lews), I’m planing to replace my KP’ and A3 ‘s bearings when they have it available. I was going to sell the KP and A3 actually because I don’t like them, I now have high hopes that the new bearings will change my mind.
    I think the sv 105 and the concept Z are the best new reels from last year.

Just got mine today, It feels super smooth out of the box... Going to walk down to the neighborhood pond later on this week and fish with it a bit to see how I like it... I will report back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast