Destin FL Fishing?

Anyone have any suggestions on fishing around Destin this time of year? I would rather fish freshwater, but can do salt. Looking at the map there are a few lake around Defuniak Springs, King, Holly, and Juniper lakes. It would be great to have a place to rent a small boat or a kayak from too. I'm going to continue my searching but if you guys have any suggestions, please do so.

Thanks!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by back_lash View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions on fishing around Destin this time of year? I would rather fish freshwater, but can do salt. Looking at the map there are a few lake around Defuniak Springs, King, Holly, and Juniper lakes. It would be great to have a place to rent a small boat or a kayak from too. I'm going to continue my searching but if you guys have any suggestions, please do so.

Thanks!
    I don't think there is much biting in/near shore at the moment. Might be able to get some specks and red's if you can find deep holes. I think black drum and sheepshead will be picking up soon though.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

Try Stewart Lake on the east side off Scenic Hwy 98 about 4 miles from Bass Pro. I caught one of my best bass there on a shallow Bandit, didn't weigh it but I know she was over 8#. I talked to a couple of the groundskeepers, they told me there are several bass in that lake over 10#.

(606)305-1956

Thanks guys, if anyone else has any additional info please share.

5. Member
    When my son-in-law was stationed at Fort Walton we went to see him and I asked the visitors center about freshwater lakes--none close by. You're probably wasting your time looking for freshwater unless going to Black River and it is a drive to get there if I remember correctly.
    Rocket

6. Member
    Call Anchored Charters in Panama City. 40 min drive.

7. Member
    Id take my spinning road and a hand full of gear and wade the North side of the road between Destin and pensicola