Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Here's an idea,
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N

2. Member
    A big box fan is the cheapest route. It will still be muggy, but can make the night bearable. The airflow will really help and at times will get pretty cool at times.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryg View Post
    Here's an idea,
    Thats pretty slick

4. Member
    My wife and I do a lot of mountain biking in the summers so tent camping is part of the fun. We made an air conditioner out of a styrofoam cooler, cut one hole in the lid for a battery-operated fan to blow down into it, then another vent hole on the opposite end. Put a piece of PVC pipe on this end to direct the air flow. Drop a bag of ice in the cooler and blow the fan across it.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    My brother made one out of an old cooler, 12v fan and plastic dryer vent pipe. He uses it in his semi when he can't run the A/C in the truck. Frozen ice in a milk jug will only last about 3 - 4 hours though.
    "Do not believe everything you read or see on the internet" -- Abraham Lincoln.

6. Member
    Ran across this when I searched insuated tent.

https://www.cruaoutdoors.com/collect...insulated-tent

If you were going to go the route of something like an Icy breeze this might be insulated enough to get you through an entire night on one ice run.

7. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    At 44 i am long past tents. We have a small travel trailer that gets lots of use and we are pretty happy with the basic creature comforts it provides.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Billy View Post
    At 44 i am long past tents. We have a small travel trailer that gets lots of use and we are pretty happy with the basic creature comforts it provides.
    Hey im with ya.. But truck pulling trailer pulling boat sketches me out lol. Im brave but not that brave.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Hey im with ya.. But truck pulling trailer pulling boat sketches me out lol. Im brave but not that brave.
    Just don't back up.

10. Member

8K BTU, works on 120VAC for $170. Most all campsites here have water and power. Just duct the hot air outside via a dryer vent.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Truly an Amazing invention. I always just camp on sites with electricity(fan or portable heater for Spring) for an extra $5/$10 night. Better sites (fire-ring, picnic bench, electricity/water and usually gravel driveway and Especially close to flush toliets and Showers). I slept in a field 1 time and it rained(flooded and had pit toliets) Never again !!!

my buddy back in the 80s had a suburban, and had a small portable air conditioner he put in window. worked pretty well.

13. Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar
    `I have found that a simple fan makes a huge difference.

14. Member
    I made this for my dogs when I am traveling....It will drop the bed of my truck with the topper 10 degrees in a hurry......Works great and it didn't really cost me anything...My fan runs on 12 volts but you could get a 120v fan or whatever fits your needs....I used hole saws to cut the holes in the cooler rather than a jigsaw but I had the hole saws..

15. Member
    Pitch in a room at Motel 6

16. Member
    Yeti tent.
    Praying for a Cure

Forget the tent in the heat.

Buddy had one of these older style aluminum truck shells. Not one of the full size ones with a kitchen or anything, just enough to sleep in it. He took out one of the windows and put an AC unit in it.

Worked pretty good. Not sure how that would work on a newer style fiberglass cap though.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cart7 View Post
    Forget the tent in the heat.

Buddy had one of these older style aluminum truck shells. Not one of the full size ones with a kitchen or anything, just enough to sleep in it. He took out one of the windows and put an AC unit in it.

Worked pretty good. Not sure how that would work on a newer style fiberglass cap though.

See plenty of theses for sale, sitting in peoples yards on cinder blocks. That and a screen house to pitch on your campsite to hold it while your away fishing might be the best way to go.

I know folks that bought 'tower a/c' from Lowe's that they use to cool their cruisers. They say if you have a camping enclosure with you boat it will cool the whole interior.

(606)305-1956

20. Member
    Get a tent that the sides roll up and has a bug sreen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast