Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rear seat or lack of one in the new boat

Johnny Johnson and I were leaving with the new boat in tow when Key literally ran us down in his SUV and said he forgot to give me my new pedestal seat. We pulled off and waited on him to return to his shop for the seats. When he came back a little while later all he had was the front pedestal seat. I asked him where the rear seat was and he said that Allison charges $350 for the rear seat! I was stunned! Really? You buy a boat that cost the up side of $80K and you don't get a rear seat? I'm going to call Nancy and see if that is the case. I've bought a lot of boats in my life and never paid this much and never got a hole in the rear where a seat does NOT go with you when you pull it out of the dealership.

I'm surprised you got a front one..
    Neither of my ordered boats had them as (standard equipment) At the time it was no big deal because I don't use one and I figured my back boater could stand all day if I could... But your right---- for what these rigs cost they should come with heated leather seats..

3. Member
    One would think if there’s a hole there from the factory it should have the seat there from the factory. Even if it’s a pair of butt seats there should be two there when the boat leaves the factory and when you leave the dealer.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwicked Basser View Post
    One would think if there’s a hole there from the factory it should have the seat there from the factory. Even if it’s a pair of butt seats there should be two there when the boat leaves the factory and when you leave the dealer.
    My sentiments as well. I'd have paid for the seat in the price of the boat. There are no free rides and most people know that. Just don't surprise a person. I'd have listed it with an option to deduct the seat for X # of $$$$. That at least gives a guy a heads up. I have my butt seat and I guess the passenger will have to bring along a folding chair if they want to sit down. LOL

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    I'm surprised you got a front one..
    Neither of my ordered boats had them as (standard equipment) At the time it was no big deal because I don't use one and I figured my back boater could stand all day if I could... But your right---- for what these rigs cost they should come with heated leather seats..
    The older I get the more I sit a spell now and then to rest these old legs. As long as I fish with young guys I reckon they don't need a seat anyway! LOL

6. Member
    Yeah there’s a few of those little perks of owning an allison boat that I don’t get. It’s a fishing boat it should have a fishing seat on both ends. Build it into the price god knows a guy would never notice at that price.

7. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I don't remember having to order the back chair, but I think the pedestal was an order item. Who knows, I could have that all wrong.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

8. Member
    I like something to lean on.... you have to remember... some of us fish big water at times too and the seat is essential for survival lol

I like something to lean on.... you have to remember... some of us fish big water at times too and the seat is essential for survival lol
    You get used to it after 25 years of fishing Amistad-- Falcon-- Sam Raburn..

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    My sentiments as well. I'd have paid for the seat in the price of the boat. There are no free rides and most people know that. Just don't surprise a person. I'd have listed it with an option to deduct the seat for X # of $$$$. That at least gives a guy a heads up. I have my butt seat and I guess the passenger will have to bring along a folding chair if they want to sit down. LOL
    Johnny, that made me laugh knowing the way the deal went
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

11. Member
    Joe when the 2 of us write the thriller action packed book about the boat deal of the century, be sure to not forget that yellow and black boat we both could have had. LOL

12. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    Johnny Johnson and I were leaving with the new boat in tow when Key literally ran us down in his SUV and said he forgot to give me my new pedestal seat. We pulled off and waited on him to return to his shop for the seats. When he came back a little while later all he had was the front pedestal seat. I asked him where the rear seat was and he said that Allison charges $350 for the rear seat! I was stunned! Really? You buy a boat that cost the up side of $80K and you don't get a rear seat? I'm going to call Nancy and see if that is the case. I've bought a lot of boats in my life and never paid this much and never got a hole in the rear where a seat does NOT go with you when you pull it out of the dealership.
    Guess you found out Key was correct on that one Johnny. I agree it should come as standard equipment.

13. Member
    You better check the box on the order form or you do not get one. $350 later, they made me one.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    Guess you found out Key was correct on that one Johnny. I agree it should come as standard equipment.
    Key was absolutely correct on that one. I'm not mad about a $350 seat. I'd rather have just known before I bought the boat that I didn't have a seat. LOL. I'd have gladly ordered one. BTW, when you buy a boat already on the showroom floor you don't get to fill out an order form so that the factory can build a boat with the options you choose. You pretty much accept what it has on it with a few changes like the trolling motor, and such. It's all good. I'll go to a local sporting goods store like Cabela's or Walmart and buy a rear seat that can be used in a emergency for a partner.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scj View Post
    You better check the box on the order form or you do not get one. $350 later, they made me one.
    I think that no more than my rear seat will get used I'll just buy a seat locally.

16. Member
    You can go to BPS or Cabelas and buy the cheapest butt seat they sell and have equal quality to what comes in these boats.

Tell us how you really feel --

18. Member
    Nothing but the facts ma’am.

19. Member
    wow thats a new one on me dosnt come with factory seats.so on this order form is a steering wheel extra also you would think with all you been through that seat should be free LOL but im sure with everybody that fishes with you theres penty of bullet butt seats out there if you need one LOL

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassworm1 View Post
    wow thats a new one on me dosnt come with factory seats.so on this order form is a steering wheel extra also you would think with all you been through that seat should be free LOL but im sure with everybody that fishes with you theres penty of bullet butt seats out there if you need one LOL
    thats a thought. Maybe I need to call Tom and see how much a rear Bullet seat would set me back. LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast