Need a new rifle stock

Anyone have an opinion on Boyds gun stocks? Prices seem to be very reasonable.

I got one for my savage bmag, very nice stock. I did have to clean up some holes and excess finish for proper fit. I like it.

Boyds are fine but tend to be heavy. I bed everything so exact fit and finish are not that important to me. Are you sticking with laminated wood? I know they are much more expensive but McMillan is the way to go with synthetic stocks.

What rifle are you putting it on?

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    Have a couple that work great. May require a bit of fitting, but some fall right in place.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Boyds are fine but tend to be heavy. I bed everything so exact fit and finish are not that important to me. Are you sticking with laminated wood? I know they are much more expensive but McMillan is the way to go with synthetic stocks.

What rifle are you putting it on?
    Probably go with the laminated as I've got others and like the look. Have a Sako Finnbear in 7 mag that it will go on.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Same as above need some final fitting , and are bulky and heavy, nice looking however.

7. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I was considering this one from Boyds.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

I have a Boyds but needed a smith to fit and bed the gun. I prefer my McMillan stocks

9. Member
    Bell and carlson

10. Member
    Well let me pose another question about ordering a stock. I'm an average size guy and according to Boyds website the standard length of pull is 13 3/4 inches. The original Sako stock measures 14 1/4 inches. I've never noticed the original as being uncomfortable. Makes me wonder if I have made myself adjust to the longer length. What would you do?