Just got 3 93sv plus installed. Don't show sidescan or cleare vu??

Haven't got it on the water yet. But the bow unit shows sidevu and clear vu. the two console units don't show that as an option. Just shows traditional sonar

Has the GT 30 transducer and the in hull Gt 8. As well as the GT 52 on the trolling motor.

What setting or update am i not using?? The answer must be simple.

Thanks

2. Member
    Let's back up a bit. You have three units. You named three transducers. Which transducer is plugged into which unit.
    GT8 only does 2d.
    GT30 does SideVu and ClearVu - but no 2d.
    GT52 does 2d, SideVu and ClearVu.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    GT 8 to one of the console units and the GT 30 to the other one. But neither show clear view or side vu as options in the menu.

The GT 52 trolling motor show all those options.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowlthing View Post
    GT 8 to one of the console units and the GT 30 to the other one. But neither show clear view or side vu as options in the menu.

Maybe you have a faulty GT30. The Plus 93sv should automatically recognize the GT30 (which only provides Side and ClearVu), just like the bow unit recognized the GT52, and your other console unit recognized the GT8. Check your connection pins and make sure the cable wasn't damaged during the install.
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowlthing View Post

Just restating what Todd said but with different words.
    The unit with the GT52 recognized it and knew it had 2d, SideVu and ClearVu so it put them on the menu.
    The unit with the GT8 recognized it and knew it only does 2d so the menu options for things it can't do are NOT shown.

It appears the the one with the GT30 has a problem I've seen this before but not often. Either the transducer is bad or the unit does not recognize it as a GT30.
    From the Home screen select Sonar->Traditional->Sonar Setup->Installation->Transducer Type. Scroll through until you see GT30 by itself. There are some others that show GT30+other transducers. Select the one that just says GT30. Once you do that you should see the GT30 options in the menu. The transducer could still be bad. You won't know that until you test it on the water.

FYI, you don't see Panoptix options either, at least not unit you plug in a Panoptix transducer. Then it shows up on the menu.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Thanks for all the help... it turned out that the cradle pins were defective or damaged and not connecting to the transducer... got a new cradle and it is working...