Legend Trailer Hubs

2009 Legend with the semi-fluid wheel hubs (Vault brand). Getting close to the end of the 10 year recommended life. What are others doing when they teach that point? Is it possible to maintain them beyond this point or time to replace? Options for replacement that others have used? Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I'd contact UFP, but pretty sure they are serviceable.

3. Member
    Good idea TX, I found a contact for UFP to get their recommendation and I'm waiting for them to get back to me. I'll try to remember to post here in case the question comes up again.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    You may find your answer in the Trailers & Towing forum here on BBC. There is a guy in there that is a Warranty/Customer Service Supervisor at UFP, goes by DABS

http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=146

5. Member
    Follow up for anyone with the same questions. They are serviceable. I would recommend talking to someone at UFP if planning to perform the service, they have been extremely helpful and timely with responses. They even sent a PDF with step by step instructions and pictures. There are seal kits available with the inner o-ring, caps, and hybrid oil for a reasonable price from one of their distributors, and it seems like the job will be very similar to normal trailer bearing/hub maintenance, with a couple of slight nuances.