sterling_fishing

07 OPtimax no power Need help Please!

I have a Mercury 150 Optimax it was running good but lost power completely every once in awhile for a split sec but once it shut down you take off again it was running fine . after a year of this it finally completely quit .. I checked for fuel leaks and there was one high pressure line leaking changer fuel line but still no change, changed fuel water separator, water pump , lower unit grease no water or shavings in it. compression on motor was good .. They hooked it up to computer the alarm on the oil reservoir supposedly was going off but also it wouldn't go away when you unhooked it .. Nothing changed then. It idles fine , starts easy, but once you give it power it keeps falling back on its face. I'm thinking COIL, or something spark related .but who knows? anyone have any suggestions without having to spend a bunch of $$$$
    Patience alway pays off !!!!! Bad day of fishing is better then a good day at work !

2. Moderator
    There are several things that could be going on.. You need dual pressure gauges to test fuel and air psi at the same time while running.. The CDS isn't the answer all tool that many expect it to be.. I'd test fuel & air psi and then confirm spark/ignition then go from there. I think a good qualified tech should be able to diagnose it without much issue. One other thing being an '07 it should be the new 14 pin Deutsche connector and it my have the adapter harness with 8 pain traditional control box if so that would be a real good place to start o diagnosis too.