Trim gauge not working

Hey guys,

my trim gauge isn’t working. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions to figure out whether it’s the gauge or something else?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Take a look at the wiring on the sending unit. Can get caught in the motor mount and pinched.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Check for voltage at the gauge while someone is running the trim up and down,and make sure the gauge has a good ground. Then remove the sender at the engine and manually rotate the inner piece to see if it is sending a signal to the gauge. If the gauge is getting voltage in the up and down movement then the gauge is bad. If the sender is not sending then it is bad or isn't getting power to it. There should be a wiring connection under the engine cowl to check power to the sender.

What motor do you have and did you check the switch to see if it is still working
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

This happened to my 150 Mercury OptiMax one year after I had it winterized. The first time I took it out in spring the trim gauge didn't work. I took off the cowling and there was a brown wire that was disconnected for some reason. I searched this website and found the solution as to what to look for. Hopefully your fix is as easy as mine was.