So i'm in the market for a new depthfinder but I'm still very new to using electronics for fishing. Grew up fishing out of a kayak w/o a finder had an old + basic humminbird for a while. I have a Lowrance elite 7 (equiv of the hook 7 currently). I really like the Garmin Echomap 73Sv with chirp. Seems like a solid model for 750$, mapping features seem really nice, most people applaud the 2d sonar as being the best on the market. I had a few questions before I jump in to purchase that I was hoping some guys on here may be able to help me out with.

1.) If I move my old lowrance up to the trolling motor will I get interference between the two graphs if they run at the same time?

2.) Is the garmin compatible with ram mount systems?

3.) Probably the biggest question. I fish mostly shallow water. I believe that sidevu is probably the main feature I want for that purpose (feel free to correct me on that). In 5-10 feet of water, is there much utility in using sidevu or do you generally need deeper water?

4.) Anyone who has a garmin, have you been overall satisfied with the side imaging and its clarity/learnability?

Thanks so much in advance!