Thread: Smart car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    "The micro car, the smallest car for sale in the U.S. market, offers a good level of safety, according to new crash tests conducted by the insurance industry.
    The 8-foot, 8-inch vehicle received the highest rating of good in front-end and side-impact testing by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, helping address some concerns that consumers may be more vulnerable in the tiny two-seater."

Plus, for $9.99, you can buy a kit that turns it into a toy lawnmower your kids can use.

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Or you can do a Hyabusa kit

3. Member
    I'm not riding in any car that will fit in the bed of my F-150.

It's a perfect car for your teenager to keep out of trouble......you won't be a grandpa......

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    Maybe a tiny bit smarter than getting killed on a moped or motorcycle with no body on it.

"The micro car, the smallest car for sale in the U.S. market, offers a good level of safety, according to new crash tests conducted by the insurance industry.
    The 8-foot, 8-inch vehicle received the highest rating of good in front-end and side-impact testing by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, helping address some concerns that consumers may be more vulnerable in the tiny two-seater."
    Don’t let some facts get in the way of a preconceived idea.

I remember driving my old 72 MG-Midget Roadster on the highway once, it was about the same size. Riding next to a tractor trailer, I looked up and could see the bottom of the trailer. I was no longer comfortable in small vehicles after that moment. I then bought my first truck and won't even consider driving a small car anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I remember driving my old 72 MG-Midget Roadster on the highway once, it was about the same size. Riding next to a tractor trailer, I looked up and could see the bottom of the trailer. I was no longer comfortable in small vehicles after that moment. I then bought my first truck and won't even consider driving a small car anymore.
    I drove MG Midgets for close to a 500,000 miles total without a problem.

P01135809

8. Member
    Did the same thing when I had an Audi TT Roadster. Looked over and saw the tractor trailer tire was taller than the car. Went out later and bought a truck.

I drove a Corvette under a tractor trailer once. Yeah, it was parked at the time. Had to keep the gas down, and the brake down. It made the car squat so that it'd go under it. If I had let off the gas, it would have come up and broke a t-top.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

10. Member
    Instead of parallel parking you can legally BACK into a parking spot 90 degrees to the side of a street. They are tiny. The ones with the 200 HP motorcycle engine in them are cool...

11. Member

12. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDD22 View Post
    I drove a Corvette under a tractor trailer once. Yeah, it was parked at the time. Had to keep the gas down, and the brake down. It made the car squat so that it'd go under it. If I had let off the gas, it would have come up and broke a t-top.

Who controls John Gill?

13. Member
    I don't understand why my ATVs have 4 bolts holding the tires on, but those Smart cars only have 3.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ManShow View Post
    I don't understand why my ATVs have 4 bolts holding the tires on, but those Smart cars only have 3.
    The car itself makes no sense. Much larger cars get the same or better mileage, have much more room, are much faster and more powerful, and are available for less money. Sales of these are in the toilet and it's easy to see why. Any research would show buying one of these is anything but "Smart"

15. Member
    I was pretty surprised that the milage was not better.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerbobber View Post

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    Can someone please post a pic of one? I'm not sure I know what a smart car is.
    http://bfy.tw/FeCp

18. Banned
    I had a Scion IQ that was slightly bigger than a SmartCar and got all the laughs and fingers pointed at, everyone telling me it was so dangerous to drive, blah blah blah

Grow a pair.

First to drive it and not be scared, and second to drive it and not care what people say.

Mine had 12 airbags and was waaay safer than motorcycles that i rode for 35 years, without a helmet no less. I had mine up to 95mph once and it was fine. It took 8 gallons of gas to fill it.... talk about never having to stop at gas stations!

Ive seen plenty of mangled Silverados and people killed in them. If its gonna happen its gonna happen.

Americans are just used to BIG stuff. But these little cars make sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12