Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    There's Chick Fil A, and there's the rest.
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...M=VIRE&PC=U316

In-n-Out Burger and 5-Guys Burger are very similar...limited options & good food, fast. In-n-Outs are not franchises. Dunno about Chik-Fil-A or 5-Guys, but I suspect they are corporate owned and managed. I've yet to eat at a Chik-Fil-A, but I see they're building a new one in Covington, so it shouldn't be too long. Last I looked, there was one in Bellevue and one in Lynnwood, but those locations are out of my normal stomping grounds these days. The wife and I drove to Bellevue one time a few weeks after the Chik opened, but there was a line of vehicles waiting to get into the parking lot, so we went someplace else...Golden Peacock, I think, for Chinese food.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Some folks bring in a party platter of bread wrapped chicken nuggets into work every now and then. We call them chicken crack.
    Oh yea, those little breakfast deals are crack. You can't eat one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by donpilot View Post
    No lip rings, nose rings or sleve tats. They speak understandable english and are courtious.
    ^^^THIS is enough for me.

Chick-fil-A is franchise but they are very strict on who can own one. I know a guy who looked into it one time.

6. Member
    I have ate at Chick-fil-A in several different states and it has always been excellent food and excellent service.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    I don't give a rat's ass about their beliefs, it's the business model that impresses me. Simple, sincere greeting in a clean store with prompt accurate service. It aint astrophysics folks ... the food is ok, I don't go out of my way to eat there but if driving home after a 14 hour workday I'll pull in there before most of their competitors (if I can't find a good local joint first)
    Any the place is always clean!!!!!!!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Chick-fil-A is franchise but they are very strict on who can own one. I know a guy who looked into it one time.
    Yup friend of mine who has a long and very successful career in the fast food business looked into it. Was told they take hundreds upon hundreds of applications and norrow it down to a select few. He did not get a call.

9. Member
    Chick-fil-a just had it going on. It starts at the top and they have their values in order!

Benny Rigney

10. Member
    No lip rings, nose rings or sleve tats. They speak understandable english and are courtious.
    Sweet irony...

Quote Originally Posted by iabass8 View Post
    Sweet irony...

He said speak it...not spell it!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Friend of my retiring from the USAF tried to get one. Same story, only a few of the thousands of applicants are awarded a franchise. He did say, though, that once you're in, Chick-Fil-A pays a lot of the up-front cost and the franchisee pays part of the profits to HQ, or something like that. Regardless, a Chick-Fil-A franchise is pretty much a license to print money.

13. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    You can have lip rings, nose rings and tats and still be a good dependable worker. Just throwing that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    In-n-Out Burger and 5-Guys Burger are very similar...limited options & good food, fast. In-n-Outs are not franchises. Dunno about Chik-Fil-A or 5-Guys, but I suspect they are corporate owned and managed. I've yet to eat at a Chik-Fil-A, but I see they're building a new one in Covington, so it shouldn't be too long. Last I looked, there was one in Bellevue and one in Lynnwood, but those locations are out of my normal stomping grounds these days. The wife and I drove to Bellevue one time a few weeks after the Chik opened, but there was a line of vehicles waiting to get into the parking lot, so we went someplace else...Golden Peacock, I think, for Chinese food.
    Oh man, I've thrown up in my mouth and it tastes better than 5-guys LOL. And I think they go get all the old grease from MacDonalds to use in their fryers. yuck!
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER*REDNECK View Post
    You can have lip rings, nose rings and tats and still be a good dependable worker. Just throwing that out there.
    Absolutely!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SOONER*REDNECK View Post
    Yup, and you can pull a 30ft enclosed car trailer with a 4cyl S10 blazer also, ONCE.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hendrick View Post
    Yup, and you can pull a 30ft enclosed car trailer with a 4cyl S10 blazer also, ONCE.
    If you try let me know cause I wanna watch lol.

"The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    It helps to only have about 5 options that are all chicken.
    Orville Redenbacher did popcorn only and did alright

He said "do one thing and do it right".
    Hi Mike.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    And I bet they can spell courteous, sleeve and know that English is supposed to be capitalized.
    Hi Mike.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast