Mercy Gold Warrenty

I just got my 13 Merc 175 ProXs back from the shop. It needed the oil tank and sensor replaced and o-ring seal under flywheel replaced due to a oil leak.

I knew the sensor was not covered by the warranty but was surprised and a little mad the warranty would not cover an oil leak.

Does this sound right or did Mercury screw me?
    Don Blume

2018 Ranger Z520C
    2018 Mercury 250 Pro XS 2B525775 2-Stroke

Past Rigs
    2008 Triton Tr186 with Mercury 175 Pro XS
    2000 Ranger R73 with Mercury 125
    1976 Basscat with 150 Mercury

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dblume View Post
    I just got my 13 Merc 175 ProXs back from the shop. It needed the oil tank and sensor replaced and o-ring seal under flywheel replaced due to a oil leak.

I knew the sensor was not covered by the warranty but was surprised and a little mad the warranty would not cover an oil leak.

Does this sound right or did Mercury screw me?
    ^^^ That's why. They have an exception in the warranty; no seals are covered.

Nothing electronic or seal related are covered with Gold. It ia not a warranty. It is a product protection plan. Get out the contract/pamphlet you got from the dealer. It spells everything out.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Moderator
    The GOLD plan covers major components but lacks coverage on fuel, ignition & electrical, oil system, trim, etc.. You need to upgrade your Gold to Platinum to cover those items.. The Platinum is as close to the original 3 year factory warranty as you can get.. You can get up to 8 years of coverage with the Mercury Product Protection Plan..

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shermsmarine View Post
    The GOLD plan covers major components but lacks coverage on fuel, ignition & electrical, oil system, trim, etc.. You need to upgrade your Gold to Platinum to cover those items.. The Platinum is as close to the original 3 year factory warranty as you can get.. You can get up to 8 years of coverage with the Mercury Product Protection Plan..
    Will platinum cover seals? I had heard no.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    Will platinum cover seals? I had heard no.
    No sir. Seals, Gaskets, Rubber or Plastic Components are not covered under Gold OR Platinum Product Protection Plans.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    No sir. Seals, Gaskets, Rubber or Plastic Components are not covered under Gold OR Platinum Product Protection Plans.
    Ok, Not covering those are one thing but what about other parts failing or motor failure as a result of those parts you listed failing?

Is Merc going to tell me I'm screwed if I blow my motor or lower end because of a bad seal or gasket?

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Coverage is provided for failures due to Defects in Materials or Workmanship in COVERED COMPONENTS.

For further details, see the Product Protection Contract.

9. Member
    Where is the best place to buy an extended warranty? I am at the 25 month mark of my 3 year warranty and only have 20 hours on the motor.

Mr Don Weed !

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Drop me an email- I can provide you with a Quote (special BBC member Pricing).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor