Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Matter of opinion.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JWW9589 View Post
    By the way, congrats on the new boat Johnny! Can’t wait to see it. Why don’t you drive it across the lake so I can get a look!
    I'll have to do that. I have 3.03 hrs on the new motor and need some more break in time anyway! Thank you BTW!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    Johnny, how is your hole shot with a 30P bravo, 1.62 gears and power poles on a 300XS?? I get more and more confused on a regular basis reading all these different posts with different results running the same gears and motors???
    I wouldn't be able to offer an honest opinion just yet since I haven' finished breaking the motor in. I left all 8 pvs plugs out when I ran the Bravo Saturday. It spun to about 4600 but didn't bite well on the hole shot. If I had a full fishing load and about 4 holes plugged with the jack at normal height I could give a better opinion.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    I'm confused....if you have the allison PPL brackets, which are mounted on the transom not on the JP, then how do you have an extra 2 inches of setback because of the power poles??

If what TP just said is true, then you have the 4" plate, 5.5" CMC and I guess they are still installing the 1/2" wedge, so you have 10" overall??
    I didn't quote setback measurements as the gospel. I stated that I have not measured the setback. Key, the dealer, told me the space was an additional 2". That is why I said I "believe" the setback is closer to 12". Powel is never right be careful following him BTW! LOL. I hope to get time this week to verify my setback just so we all know. It looks like the spacer is about 4" to me though.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    You ready for me to make that boat run preacherman?
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    You ready for me to make that boat run preacherman?
    I checked the hours today. 3.03. So I have a little more work to do and then we will find out what it has in it as it is set up. I'm pretty sure I'm not propped high enough with a 30 Bravo. I started to get a 32 but couldn't decide. 5400 rpm's and 84 with it slugging along tells me it will be at the least a high 90's boat most likely. Who knows...Maybe 99.99!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    I checked the hours today. 3.03. So I have a little more work to do and then we will find out what it has in it as it is set up. I'm pretty sure I'm not propped high enough with a 30 Bravo. I started to get a 32 but couldn't decide. 5400 rpm's and 84 with it slugging along tells me it will be at the least a high 90's boat most likely. Who knows...Maybe 99.99!
    That's faster than Powell by .1 i think!

8. Member
    (Captain obvious) lol

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JWW9589 View Post
    I have the 4” spacers and sanded lip on my Bassport with dual PP’s so the nose tends to get light in a hurry. It takes much less trim to get on pad than with the 2.5” spacers. I tried a 27 Fury prop and thought it was going to flip over backwards the nose got so light. However I am very happy with the 4” spacers; just put in less trim.
    Did you do the sanding on the lip or ? I'm curious to the process & technique if I ever decided to try it.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

10. Moderator
    I didn't quote setback measurements as the gospel. I stated that I have not measured the setback. Key, the dealer, told me the space was an additional 2". That is why I said I "believe" the setback is closer to 12". Powel is never right be careful following him BTW! LOL. I hope to get time this week to verify my setback just so we all know. It looks like the spacer is about 4" to me though.
    That Powell guy is correct this time.

I don't know what Key was talking about, the power pole brackets work fine with the two or four inch static plate and CMC plate.
    All of the new BasSports have the four inch and CMC making a total of 9.5" of set back standard as of the 2018 models.

11. Member
    Thanks Lee. The explanation I was given in the shop picking up the boat as far as the spacer depth and why they are what they are, didn’t make much sense to me or to Johnny Johnson.

12. Member
    Johnny if that boat runs low 90s somebody’s got some splainin to do. Cus mine sure as hell won’t do it.

I really think the noise you are describing is 60-70% caused from the trash can sitting on the hull acting like a megaphone when water slaps the hull... I almost know that because when mine is full of trash the noise is substantially lower

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    That Powell guy is correct this time.

I don't know what Key was talking about, the power pole brackets work fine with the two or four inch static plate and CMC plate.
    All of the new BasSports have the four inch and CMC making a total of 9.5" of set back standard as of the 2018 models.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooken203 View Post
    Johnny if that boat runs low 90s somebody’s got some splainin to do. Cus mine sure as hell won’t do it.
    Seriously? Not being sarcastic just wanting to make sure I'm not having a duh moment here. LOL. It darn well better do better than low 90's even with the poles. I'm editing to say that I was running low 90's with the boat that Joe Lee has now and was running 84 this past weekend breaking in at 5400 rpms fully buried on the jack and still with 26-27 psi water pressure.

16. Member
    Johnny, what motor do you have on your new rig? Sorry, I'm sure it's been posted but I don't get on here much anymore.

17. Member
    Seriously? Not being sarcastic just wanting to make sure I'm not having a duh moment here. LOL. It darn well better do better than low 90's even with the poles. I'm editing to say that I was running low 90's with the boat that Joe Lee has now and was running 84 this past weekend breaking in at 5400 rpms fully buried on the jack and still with 26-27 psi water pressure.

+1

18. Member
    I will be anxiously waiting to hear your results. The only difference in our boats is the gear ratio.

19. Member
    He got a big block small tire 200.

Johnny Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by atcje View Post
    He got a big block small tire 200.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast