250 pro xs fuel injector

2008 pro 250 xs had intermittent horn and check engine light dealer found code for #5 injector and replaced. Next trip same problem back to dealer no codes ran in tank to duplicate for several hours unable to do so replaced battery cable to switch with larger size. Next trip same isssue but worse back to dealer immediately same day #5 injector code again! Different mechanic while I watched determined bad plug connection on injector he cleaned the connection and the boat has run perfect ever since. Dealer says injector was bad and caused faulty connection. Cost of repairs $900 ! I am having a hard time with such a coincidence would like to hear some comments.

2. Member
    WOW,i would too,i don't see many inj fail at all and have seen a lot of connections that were just loose or needed cleaned,but I'm not around salt water either, check in 3.0L for more info on your mtr include ser num please also JOE
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Moderator
    I have defiantly found more harness and connection, ground issues with injector faults than I have with the injectors themselves..