Lowrance sonic hub speaker install???

Hey guys, I’ve seen a few posts on here about people doing there own speaker installs. I have 2012 z521 and I’m wanting to put the speakers by the step. I’ve tried finding how to videos but none of a ranger. How hard is it to run the wires to the console? Putting holes in the boat and messing it up would be a bad day! Thanks
    2012 z521
    3 lowrance 9 Lives, Ultrex

2. Member
    Wherever you decide to drill the holes, just take your time. Tape it up first. Use a hole saw. You will need to order one big enough but its worth it. Amazon has them and theres a video on youtube of a guy doing it and he mentions the one he bought. The key to drilling with a hole saw into a boat is to start in reverse. yes reverse. Line it up and put the drill in reverse. Drill for little bit and it will start your hole without chipping. Put the drill in forward and drill the rest of the way through. Just keep the drill level. If you have a friend to help, have them use a shop vac and hold it right beside the hole saw. You will have a mess without one. :)

As far as the wires go, I have seen folks run them around the back of the boat and up to the other side. I have seen people take them from the console and through the rod lockers with small holes.
    2005 Ranger Z21 2005 Mercury Optimax 250XS Serial#OT999281 25P Mercury Tempest +