LSS2 Transducer on a Tracker 175 TXW

The ducer for the Hook is mounted down on the offset. Is that where the LSS2 should go too?

2. Member
    I have mine down on the very bottom. I can keep readings on plane at full speed. I recommend getting some starboard to mount it on like in the pic.

3. Member
    Aren’t they too close together?

4. Member
    From what i understand you want those two close together. They are both for the same unit. The small one does the 2d and the large one does the structure scan. If you have them close together the overlay feature is more accurate.

I have seen setups with the lss transducer mounted up higher on the transom and the 2d skimmer down under the step as well but i dont think the overlay feature functions that way. However the lss transducer (very expensive). Is more protected mounted up higher and is out of the water on plane.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

My LSS2 and skimmer are about 16 inches apart. It is my understanding that when you are using a split screen showing down or side imaging and the other part of your screen showing standard sonar that it reduces the possibility of interference between the two transducers. I have no issues with mine and always get good returns on all imaging.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

7. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I have one for low and close, one for high and one for low and apart. Who wants to be the tie breaker? Lol

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeeDotGee View Post
    I have mine down on the very bottom. I can keep readings on plane at full speed. I recommend getting some starboard to mount it on like in the pic.
    When i had my Tracker I had mine mounted like this. If you're interested in using the "downscan overlay" feature on your units the manual recommended having the Transducers within 12" of each other.

If you fish a lot of shallow water where you're likely to damage the expensive LSS transducer I would try to avoid mounting it where it's in harms way. Since I only scan at basically idle speeds I wouldn't care about Structure scan readings while on plane.

9. Member
    If you fish stumps mount it high if not mount it low. I have mine low fwiw.

I mounted it there so there was not chance of the lower unit getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    If you fish stumps mount it high if not mount it low. I have mine low fwiw.

I mounted it there so there was not chance of the lower unit getting in the way.
    Pretty much this in a nutshell. Especially with the size of the imaging transducer. A stump wouldnt do it any favors.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

11. Member
    How about mounting it on the transom in line with the other. It would be high but still within 12 inches?