2008 Ranger trailer spindle

Hub went out and ruined my spindle. It has a nut on both ends of it. Can i just replace the spindle and if so what size is it and where can I order it?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Yes. Crawl under the trailer and check out the tag on the axle. Probably UFP.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Ranger can send you a entire spindle assembly. I have a 06 trailer and have replaced both. It may be different than mine call the parts department for information. Can’t remember the cost per axle under $100 I think. Good luck.

4. Member
    TIE DOWN Engineering

5. mikesxpress
    If it's factory installed then be prepared for a battle getting it out. Best to do this with the boat off the trailer.

Once removed lightly sand any corrosion out of the taper and add a thin film of anti-seize before re-assembly. I did all four of mine and conducted preservation of the inside spindle threads/nut/cotter. If I were to wipe a spindle on a road trip it's a 45 minute swap to remove the brake line, knock out the spindle, install the entire new assembly and reattach the brake line vs messing with the hub itself.

6. Member
    Mikesexpress is spot on. I’ve changed mine on the road also. Always have a spare assembly and tools to do the job on the road. This can save your trip and a ton of money.