Help moving from console to front deck

One of my fishing buddies had a knee replaced and know has neuropathy in that leg. He has a difficult time moving from the driver's seat to the front deck. Has anyone ever seen a rail that attached to the console and front deck that he could pull on to help him up or any other aid to getting up on the deck? Thanks.

2. Member
    Check out the Lunkerville video below, a little past the two minute mark. It shows a lifting assist pole.

A few few years ago I was off work due to health issues. This episode was on Comcast OnDemand. Because no other fishing shows were on tv (it was in the fall), I watched this show way too many times. I thought of it immediately when I saw your question.

'14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

3. Member
    There is a guy on LSC that fishes out of a Skeeter from a Wheel chair...He has a really nice set up....I can't remember his name for the life of me but he is on the Michigan forum occasionally....One of the guys on the forum may be able to link you up and he will be happy to get you some pictures....

It came to me...His name is Roy Randolph http://www.royrandolph.com/

Go down to the Michigan Forum and get ahold of him there..

4. Member
    I have seen a rail that has been used in place of the seats on the front and back deck of a boat. Basically a vertical support is put in each seat post and then a horizontal bar is run from post to post so that the person can use the bar to lean against and hold on to when moving around/fishing. Might be something to look into. Probably have to fabricate it yourself but it would be pretty cheap to do.

Quote Originally Posted by JYarb View Post
    One of my fishing buddies had a knee replaced and know has neuropathy in that leg. He has a difficult time moving from the driver's seat to the front deck. Has anyone ever seen a rail that attached to the console and front deck that he could pull on to help him up or any other aid to getting up on the deck? Thanks.
    Dee Thomas has this or something similar in his boat.

2012 Stratos ChampioN 183 Elite
    Mercury 175 ProXS

6. Member

7. Member
    Most good stainless fabrication shops can make you a rail at a reasonable price to fit your exact needs.

8. Member
    A friend's son lost the use of his legs do to a fall from a tree stand and he put a "Fishing Rail" system in his ranger that has worked out well for his son.