Hummingbird smart strike chip question ?

First off I know nothing about this I'm new to the chips I have a helix 10 and a helix 9 G1 and I would like to get A smart strike chip for the units I believe I want the Great Lakes one that covers Tennessee Ohio and Kentucky my question is can you also use those chips for navigation or do I have to get A different chip for contours and navigation ? . I see with the smart strike chip there was a version one and they're coming out with a version two do anybody know the difference in the two chips ? Thanks for all the help as I stated this is new to me so any other advice would be greatly appreciate it .

There is Lakemaster, Lakemaster Plus, and Lakemaster SmartStrike. Each has the same contour maps and are regional.

The version number is just how many years that particular map card has been produced. It is different for each region and for each of the three above.

When you check the Humminbird Lakemaster site, it shows current products. About March each year, a new version comes out. New cards have more coverage and more HD locations than the previous years.

If you don't need mapping the rest of this year thru the Winter, you can wait until next year to get the newest edition when that comes out.

This is the Great Lakes region : https://www.humminbird.com/Products/HCGL4/

Read the description at the bottom about Kentucky Lake and Tennessee lakes.

The above is for the Lakemaster version.

Lakemaster SmartStrike is a little different currently with Kentucky and Tennessee included:

https://www.humminbird.com/Products/HCGL4/

That may or may not change with the 2018 edition. You will have to wait and see.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL