Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Whats in your Truck ?

I'm not normal I was wondering how many others there are , my truck is in great condition and not prone to breaking down but its a F250 with ARE top inside I carry a Honda 2000i generator , a MK battery charger , a small twin tank air compressor with 50 ft air hose, battery powered drill with every bit made . big cooler full of drinks , a battery booster pack , drop cord , a tool bag , rechargeable flashlight , rags , car wash equipment , I have a bedside with the 5 piece bins . Obviously I don't care about mpg .
    Now I do spend weekends at the camper and I got tired of not having things I needed , so I just leave it all in the truck and hope I come across someone that needs a boost ect . What do you have in your tow vehicle .

2. Member
    Put AAA on the side?

3. Member
    Screwdriver, chanel lock pliers roll of tie wire, duct tape. Drive a chevy.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Not much....standard and metric socket set, two straps, 4 way, bungee cords, ratchet straps and gloves......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

What's your cell phone number in case I break down? Always good to know someone that's prepared. Larry
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

Nothing for the truck ----- It's a FORD, no need to carry tools for repairs.

Under the Glasstite lid------- Spare tire for boat ( keeps it from being stolen off trailer.)

2-20 gallon plastic totes for the boat.
    One has towels and detail spray
    the other has tools for the boat and trailer-- sockets, wrenches, ect. Fire extinguisher, warning triangles, bungee cords, rope, extra trailer lights, extra winch strap, Set of spark plugs for the boat, Ect.

[QUOTE=Bassman Ia.;8931083]Nothing for the truck ----- It's a FORD, no need to carry tools for repairs.

QUOTE]

Yep, its easier just put a Ford on the rollback than fix.....

You have to admit, it was too easy.

To the OP's Question, I used to carry a small tool kit that had the capability of changing belts, hoses an alternator, etc., along with a spare belt and hoses and some other odds and ends. Now its a roadside assistance card(mines through Toyota Car Care) and a cell phone. Its easier and safer to fix something at home rather than on the side of the interstate.
    Last edited by FES313; 12-16-2017 at 10:28 AM.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

A few water bottles, tow strap, jumper cables and the number for roadside assistance. If it breaks down on the road you are not going to have the part instock to make a roadside repair.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

9. Member
    Basic tool kit, pack of bungee cords, a couple of ratchet straps, a good flashlight, a 12volt compressor that can inflate a truck tire, and some gloves.

10. Member
    Yep, also forgot, a set of jumper cables.

11. Member
    AAA..... Has already paid for itself when I blew a brake line at a ramp on Lake Cumberland

12. Member
    Breaker bar and appropriate socket for the lug nuts. Harbor Fright 3000 pound aluminum racing lightweight floor jack. Two screwdrivers and pair of needledick pliers. 50 pounds of trash.

13. Banned
    Cell phone I don't carry any tools at all.

14. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Jumper cables, a few ratchet straps, a big chain and a rechargeable light. In the winter I add a change of clothes, a candle, a blanket and a bunch of handwarmers. I'm not capable of fixing anything on my truck and that's why I have CAA/AAA.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

15. Member
    AAA and a cell phone. I have a Ranger boat that is very reliable and never breaks down so no need for anything, but i can see where if you run some other brand you would need tools and parts.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    AAA and a cell phone. I have a Ranger boat that is very reliable and never breaks down so no need for anything, but i can see where if you run some other brand you would need tools and parts.
    Don't mind giving a little jab, do you?

17. Member
    WD40 always

18. Banned
    A good pair of walking shoes just in case!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    What's your cell phone number in case I break down? Always good to know someone that's prepared. Larry

20. Member
    Depends on the time of year.
    In the winter I have an extra pair of boots, gloves, hats and coat. As well as a wool blanket. Back when I was in HS (before everyone had a cell phone) I was heading to my dads house and my truck quit running. Temps were subzero and had a pretty good wind. Had to walk a little less than a mile to someone's house to use their phone. Only coat I had was my Letterman's jacket and a ball cap.
    My ears nearly froze off. Truck to my dads via a tow and started working on it. Gasket between carb and intake was bad, sucking in cold air and gas was freezing. Always try to be prepared, never know what may happen.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast