Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar

Auto chart live questions

Newbie here came from a lowrance the last 10 years. Running two Helix 10s G2N Megas Si at dash and Di at the front linked. Some of the lakes I fish aren't on Jake master so the auto chart is goons be great for me. Do I have to have anything special to save this mapping to? I know it will hold 8 hours but say if I have 30 will any sad card work or do I need something special. Will the two units share what I have mapped ( will I see it up front too?)
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

If you want to save what is in the unit's 8 hour memory or have more than 8 hours of mapping memory, you need a Zero Line Card.
    You can record directly to a Zero Line card and won't fill it up in your lifetime.
    The map file that Auto Chart Live is saved as is not shareable with an ONIX or SOLIX.

No Helix units share any mapping of any kind. If you want duplicates, you need two Zero Line cards with the data copied to the second card.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Or I can just pull the card and swap it back and forth I guess?
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

Quote Originally Posted by Kittycat2012 View Post
    Or I can just pull the card and swap it back and forth I guess?
    Yes you can do that.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Slightly off topic, but if you have your map card in one slot and zero lines in the other, which card gets screenshots and exported waypoints?

Quote Originally Posted by tweakjr View Post
    Slightly off topic, but if you have your map card in one slot and zero lines in the other, which card gets screenshots and exported waypoints?
    Your map card should be locked (write protected). That leaves the Zero Line card for that data.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    If I buy two zero line cards is it simple to transfer info from one card to another or do I have to have special software
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

You can copy the ACL file from one card to the other.

Otherwise you can process the file with Auto Chart or Auto Chart Pro software on your computer and make them regular Auto Chart files and make as many copies as you have Zero Line cards. Once translated to Auto Chart, the maps can be viewed with units that don't have Auto Chart Live.

Auto Chart Live is overlayed on the map background you have displayed. Auto Chart is map software read just like Lakemaster and Navionics, not overlayed.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    You can copy the ACL file from one card to the other.

Auto Chart Live is overlayed on the map background you have displayed. Auto Chart is map software read just like Lakemaster and Navionics, not overlayed.
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but further the conversation as I'm interested in getting this soon.

So if I write Auto Chart Live reading directly on my zero lines card, I can have that data and my Navionics chip show on the screen at the same time? The ACL overlaid onto the navionics or do you have to toggle between maps? Asking because I won't likely map entire lakes or enormous sections and I fish new parts of the lakes often. If the ACL overlays onto navionics then do they jumble together, or does navionics only show where ACL has no reading?

Once data is processed with AC Pro, then it would be one or the other and there would be no contour lines where you haven't recorded, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sbassin22 View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but further the conversation as I'm interested in getting this soon.

So if I write Auto Chart Live reading directly on my zero lines card, I can have that data and my Navionics chip show on the screen at the same time? The ACL overlaid onto the navionics or do you have to toggle between maps? Asking because I won't likely map entire lakes or enormous sections and I fish new parts of the lakes often. If the ACL overlays onto navionics then do they jumble together, or does navionics only show where ACL has no reading?

Once data is processed with AC Pro, then it would be one or the other and there would be no contour lines where you haven't recorded, right?
    Auto Chart Live is overlayed on the map software you have active. That can be Navionics, Lakemaster, Auto Chart, Uni-map, Humminbird Basemap, or ContourXD. You can't toggle between them.

Since Auto Chart Live is overlayed on the background map, you choose how transparent the Auto Chart Live map is. You can make it so transparent that it doesn't display at all, but it is still there.

Yes, when you put mapping in the unit, that's all you have. Just like missing coverage that Navionics or Lakemaster would have.

This is Auto Chart Live with no transparency of a pond dam and the background is ContourXD which has no coverage for this lake except the non-detail outline of the former small pond. The lake is 740 acres.

Last edited by Wayne P.; 01-05-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    I can't see the pic for some reason, but as always you have answered my questions. Thanks!

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Auto Chart Live is overlayed on the map software you have active. That can be Navionics, Lakemaster, Auto Chart, Uni-map, Humminbird Basemap, or ContourXD. You can't toggle between them.

Since Auto Chart Live is overlayed on the background map, you choose how transparent the Auto Chart Live map is. You can make it so transparent that it doesn't display at all, but it is still there.

Yes, when you put mapping in the unit, that's all you have. Just like missing coverage that Navionics or Lakemaster would have.

This is Auto Chart Live with no transparency of a pond dam and the background is ContourXD which has no coverage for this lake except the non-detail outline of the former small pond. The lake is 740 acres.

see it now?

13. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Loving this!!!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap