Helix 9 Chirp MDI GN2

Call me a da, but I just purchased this unit from Universal Mania and installed on my boat and the language is in Spanish. I have went to google and found how to change it back to English, but it doesn't work. Can someone tell me what is the secret to changing the language to English. I followed the instruction about turning your unit on and pressing the menu button twice and this should take you to the regular menu. Right cursor to the tab with the screwdriver and wrench. Not sure this makes a difference, but I turned the unit on without the transducer hooked up and thought I had set it to English, it is not Spanish.

I appreciate any help resolving this, I would call humminbird support, but they are closed till Monday and it says Monday is a bad day to call.
    Last edited by BSSCT98; 12-16-2017 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Unit is in Spanish, not English

2. Member
    If your unit is not connected to a transducer, you will need to place your unit in Normal Mode.
    Then change the language.

https://www.humminbird.com/Category/Support/FAQ/EnglishLanguage/

Last edited by JDP; 12-16-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    Mark it Zero!

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    If your unit is not connected to a transducer, you will need to place your unit in Normal Mode.
    Then change the language.

I had just checked my two Helix units and could change the language in Simulator.

You may have to change the way readouts are displayed though with the Units- Depth, Units-Distance, and Units-Speed.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    I had just checked my two Helix units and could change the language in Simulator.

You may have to change the way readouts are displayed though with the Units- Depth, Units-Distance, and Units-Speed.
    Yes - this is correct, but IF the unit has "Demo mode" enabled out of the box, are the changes NOT saved when running simulator?

I know the older units were like that & I don't feel like going out thru another round of snow to look!

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

5. Member
    The Menu tab is SETTINGS with the gear wheel. Thanks Wayne P. the unit is now in English, thanks to all that replied, this site is awesome as always.