Thread: Craigslist

Craigslist

been trying to sell a table and all I seem to get is scammers (want to send me a cashiers check for more than asking and will pickup later) are they just trying to get email or phone #?
    rant over

2. Member
    Go look at the 2012 chevy Tahoe for $4980.Its looks mint,I thought to myself there is no way that price is correct.They had two pictures posted and the seller says text messages only.So I sent a text and ask where the vehicle was located in eastern ky and is the price correct.That night I received a text telling me to send my e-mail and they would send more pictures and the price was $5000.00.Did not say where the exact location of the Tahoe was.I did not do anything after that.Its been over a week now and I haven't heard anything from the seller.It may not be a scam but that's what I am thinking.
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

3. Member
    When I sell on Craigs list I always put in my ad that I need a phone #. I will not reply if there isn't one. It helps me eliminate the scammers

4. Member
    Honestly man craigslist sucks now a days. If u have facebook the facebook marketplace is the way to sell stuff! U can look at theor profile before deciding if u want to sell or not. Takes away ALOT of scammers. My wife sells crap in their all the time.

5. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Bought and sold many things on CL, just have fun with the scammers, not a big deal.

6. Member
    What the scammer will do is send a bogus check or money order for more than the purchase price, tell you to keep some of the extra for your trouble but to send back the rest of the excess amount to them. Do people fall for this? You bet they do. I've had to deal with at least one to two people a month for years who come in wanting help since the bank now wants all of their money back. We can't prosecute since the scammers can't be identified and are out of state, the amounts are to low for the feds to act on, the bogus check came by fedex (no mail fraud), and they generally want money sent back by moneygram.

Quote Originally Posted by basscla View Post
    Bought and sold many things on CL, just have fun with the scammers, not a big deal.
    Yep.